Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Text sizes all over the place  (Read 9692 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Text sizes all over the place
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:31:51 am »

Can't figure out what's going on here. I find if I'm typing a message, then put in a smiley :) [size=78%], it turns the text after the smiley really small sometimes.[/size]

[size=78%]I didn't do anything else to ask that to happen, honestly![/size]

Then, when I preview or post, there are lots of 'size' HTML tags all over the post.  I can usually go in and modify post to get rid of these, but then it looks as though I've changed all my posts?

Any ideas Dan?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Text sizes all over the place
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 11:47:46 am »
Yes, use the plain text option - click the last icon on the second row and it''ll turn off the WYSIWYG editor which is old and a bit flaky (you know the feeling ;) ).

We're on the latest version of SMF but I'll have a trawl of the documentation and forums to see if there's a fix.

PS: Are you using Chrome?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:49:59 am by Dan »

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:25:54 pm »
Ah, so I had the WYSINQWYG editor enabled then?  ;D

Yes, I'm on Chrome. That might be significant, since I don't recall having this problem until I got a new computer and switched from Firefox.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:40:23 pm »
It's a particular problem on Chrome, yes. You'll also get double line spacing from carriage returns.

But be comforted by the fact that I'm also a Chrome user, it annoys me too, and I'd like to fix it.  :)

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:42:09 pm »
I have a similar problem, on chrome.  When I type something multi-line and the go back and delete a carriage return it screws up the text size from that point onwards.  I think this is only on a followup, although I can't seem to re-produce it today so maybe you've already fixed it?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »
Chrome has it's issues but it's so much faster and safer than anything else
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
pretty sure I have had the same trouble using safari (although it may be quite an old version)  :) but it seems to be behaving at the moment.  ::)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 08:35:03 pm »
I haven't a clue what the technical stuff is about but it happens to me as well on this site only. I just highlight and use the font size thingy (technical term) to make it all the same size. Simples.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 07:08:50 am »
Hmmm, Still on Chrome, and still getting the occasional size wobble. However, the toggle view button seems to have ceased toggling now.  I think it must have permanently toggled to 'on', as I can't insert smileys any more.

Please help Dan - without emoticons, people will start thinking I'm being serious, and that can only end badly! (grin, winkyface, pinkrabbit, knittingsanta, duncehat).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS