Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Look what I've got!  (Read 3812 times)

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
Look what I've got!
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:13:28 pm »
Dreadful phone pic I know, but I just couldn't wait - after all this time and having given up hope of ever getting goats, I thought I'd try one more time and was even making arrangements with someone in Morpeth. I'd rung round everyone I could think of in Shetland and made a complete nuisance of myself (again), then a few days later someone in the south of Shetland messages me to say they have three 6 month old GG crosses if I was interested!!!

OMG of course I'm interested, I'll bite your hand off interested  :excited: - so here they are Gerald (castrated wether) and his twin Jasmine and Heidi more timid and darker than the other two. I know I'll be waiting a long time for milk but at least this way we can build a beautiful relationship. They've been with us for three days and are slowly coming around and the twins are really enjoying being stroked and brushed but Heidi is a bit shy but has today taken apricots from my hand and has come up to sniff me. I am spending a lot of time with them sitting on an upturned bucket and just sketching or reading. I still can't quite believe it - something amazing has happened when two weeks before I'd had to put down my beloved little dog of over 14 years  :gloomy:

The goatlings have already helped me so much and I love them to bits.
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Look what I've got!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:17:16 pm »
Oh they look lovely and so pleased for you. I have never looked back after getting my kids in July.
________
Caroline

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 05:28:35 pm »
They are beautiful   :love: You will be spending a lot of time  on your bucket  :roflanim:
They will soon get used to you, l have only one goat left now but the many years l have kept them have been the happiest time of my life. Different goats with different  characters.  Never a dull moment.
Enjoy ! Happy times ahead  :goat:  :thumbsup:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »
fantastic - enjoy them  :goat:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »
I am so pleased for you, they will all come round in time im sure. I would like to see your sketches though  ;D 

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »
Hi and thank you folks  :wave:  I'm really thrilled and keep wanting to go in and see them. Hubby has constructed all sorts of platforms and benches for them to jump around on. We're keeping them inside for a little while so they get used to us and their new home, so hope they're not going to get too bored. They are so different to sheep aren't they, more like little deer.  :love:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 09:39:00 pm »
Whos the handsome  tup in your profile pic ?  :sheep:

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 09:48:29 pm »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I m GREEN with envy :D

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 09:00:25 am »
We got two gorgeous golden Guernsey girlie goats in the summer both in milk. They are fantastic. I am hoping for more next year but don't tell the OH! :excited: :goat:

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 09:21:56 am »
Morning everyone  :wave: hope it doesn't seem like I'm bragging, not my intention at all :o I'm so, so delighted at this outcome, specially as the GGs are my favourite  :goat:. Don't want to make anyone envious.

The tup is Humphrey our ram of a couple of years ago - sadly no longer with us due to his relentless ability to jump fencing and get into neighbouring crofts to get to the girls - he was very handsome though.

Ideally I would have had GGs girls in milk but I'm not complaining  ;D

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 06:38:02 pm »
congratulations  :excited:

life will never be the same again, GG's are gorgeous, we have a couple and one kidded twins this year.
Enjoy them, they are life's great distracters!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »
Thank you  ;D I'm so delighted with them they are so gentle, will be letting them out next weekend probably but no doubt it will rain and blow a gale again so they won't want to go out anyway :D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 09:27:40 pm »
Probably a bit too late to warn you that goats are addictive.  ;D

Enjoy your lovely goats and here's to the next ones you get. :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 09:06:52 pm »
Hah Hah, apologies for the late reply - I'm already daydreaming about how many kids they're going to have - and what I shall do with all the milk  :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »
Cheese, yoghurt, cream, butter, soap. Lots of things.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS