Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Have rpa sorted themselves out yet ?  (Read 3358 times)

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
Have rpa sorted themselves out yet ?
« on: October 25, 2015, 07:39:20 pm »
Tried to contact RPA on Friday...took ages to get through.Having been trying to transfer some land with RPI form for over a year.I have the entitlements..but still no land.
They told me someone would ring me back in the next few days.
As I only have the 5 hectares not worth getting an agent.As payment due Dec 1...wondered if anyone else had any recent experiences.?
Last year I had the inspector...wanting to see paperwork and spraying records.
Is it worth all the hassle?

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Have rpa sorted themselves out yet ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:09:19 pm »
I do wonder.  The odds against being inspected are supposed to be around 100 to 1.  Our land was inspected in 2005 and 2012 and my sheep movements, eartags and so on earlier this year.  No fault found on any inspection, so I guess I must just be really lucky to merit so much attention!

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 08:35:16 pm »
Did contact an agent who seemed to be very positive and reckoned rpa are working through the backlog.....annoying thing is the staff who answer the phones..they do their best but don't seem to have access to any info.
Reminds me of the student loan fiasco a few years ago.

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 08:47:37 pm »
Perhaps they have out sourced my RP 1 sent to them in Feb this year.I actually handed the forms to claim at Natural England Offices in April.
Considering joining NFU

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 09:32:08 pm »
My friend has a small piece of land. Usually finishes half a dozen lambs. Been inspected 6 times. When he questioned it he was told that they can inspect more small people than big so more ticks on the "done" sheet.

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:47:33 am »
Last year they rang up the night before to tell me they wanted to inspect the land.Had to do lots of paperwork(which I have promptly completely forgotten what to do) and told all about spraying courses.
 If they come again this year seriously thinking of selling these entitlements.....but of course that is what the government want us to do! Less claimants to administer..more savings on administration..

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 09:22:36 am »
update....6 days later and RPA have not rung back.An update on the RPA website says all communication will now be done by email and all transfers of land to be done by 31/10/15 and confirmation of transfer of land will be posted out.
I posted the RP1 form in in Feb 2015.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 09:39:17 am »
Did you receive notification that they received it?  I now always send anything "official" via tracking so I can prove they received it.

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 01:57:47 pm »
posted the RE1 FORM in Feb.....handed the grant application form into NATURAL ENGLAND OFFICES in TELFORD in April.
Of course in Feb...we were not to know that they were in such a mess

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 02:16:40 pm »
yes phoned them up...they confirmed they have received the RE1 form in FEB....still not got round to processing it yet.
Payments are due 01/12/2015

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 05:17:34 pm »
......Payments are due 01/12/2015......
Lucky you!
In Scotland I believe that its looking like next year before growers are getting theirs but our environment secretary (as far as I am aware - willing to be corrected on this) can't tell folk WHEN next year they will get their payment.
 :rant: Rant over  :relief:

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »
well just for an update received a letter from the RPA yesterday that they had transferred the land to me....following me sending the RP1 form in March.
Whether any monies will appear in my B/A from this Tues,, remains uncertain.
I've actually had to jump through a lot of hoops to claim this year....buy some extra entitlements and register a bit of land which was previously unregistered. I had 8 acres....I've had to increase it to 5 hectares....with the new rules in England.
Is it worth it..?

Paulie

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 10:38:10 am »
Received payment yesterday  :relief:

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:04 pm »
No I have received no payment yet...apparently only 50% have...the rest of us according to website will get paid anytime up till end of Jan 16......
Probably give it till after Xmas before ringing,

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS