Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: e spinning wheels  (Read 1956 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
e spinning wheels
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:12:33 am »
The lady who started our local spinners club is now in her mid eighties and has trouble with her knees so much so that she had to give up spinning.

She has been spinning most of her life so it is a real wrench.

Last week she treated herself to a new Ashford e spinner and is loving it.  IT only arrived on Thursday and already she has run out of fleece. It appears there is no stopping her.   :) :spin:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: e spinning wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »
They're a boon to people who have problems with their legs, and no mistake!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »
They also take up a lot less room, ideal for in a small flat.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 01:18:52 pm »
Glad to hear she's got a new lease of spinning life.  I dread the time I'm not fit enough to do all the things I want to do.  Getting old doesn't sound much fun.

There's a couple of people at our guild who have the Hansen e spinner.
I'm trying to get a friend to get one before she absolutely can't spin a wheel anymore I think she'd enjoy her spinning again if it wasn't so difficult.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 11:06:54 pm »
I find spinning is good exercise for my legs as I can't walk much but, if I get to the stage where I find it too hard to treadle then I would go for an e-spinner. They look good. Someone at my group has one.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS