Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fearing  (Read 9055 times)

daveh

• Joined Nov 2008
  • South Northamptonshire
Re: Fearing
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:09 am »
Bramblecot said:

Confirmed that they are now part of the same group as Ritchie, Cox-Agri and Allflex (main company?).  Fearing deal with direct sales, Ritchie deal through outlets such as Countrywide.

I assume that when you say Cox-Agri you mean part of the Cox and Robinson group. If so, this is now part of the Mole Valley group. It seems there is a great sort out happening in the agricultural supplies industry and all the smaller firms are being snapped up by the big boys.

Regards, David

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 10:21:48 am »

I assume that when you say Cox-Agri you mean part of the Cox and Robinson group. If so, this is now part of the Mole Valley group. It seems there is a great sort out happening in the agricultural supplies industry and all the smaller firms are being snapped up by the big boys.

No, Cox & Robinson is not the same as Cox Agri.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 10:35:13 am »
I've just had a phone call and email from the Fearing rep apologising for the delay in sending out tags. They will be sent out today FOC.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 10:40:04 am »
Will all these farming conglomerates forming mean a better deal for us in the long run, or will it just narrow the choice of products available.  I fear the latter. :(

daveh

• Joined Nov 2008
  • South Northamptonshire
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 10:42:02 am »
Foobar said:
>No, Cox & Robinson is not the same as Cox Agri.

Ah, yes you are correct. But I'll stand by my comment that the big boys are snapping up the smaller ones! I see Wynnstay have just announced the intended acquisition of Agricentre.

Regards, Dave

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 01:49:55 pm »
Phoned Fearing's this morning to chase up the metal pig tags,  applicator and medicine book id ordered over 4 weeks ago to be told that he'd have to go and chase it up to see why it hadnt been dispatched.

I then rang Allflex to order some replacement sheep tags and some kill tags for some wethers,  all straight forward.

The phone rings from a number one digit different to the one id dialled for Allflex saying the pig tags were dispatched yesterday and they were very sorry for the delay.
The chap then said that the same wouldnt happen to my sheep tags  :roflanim:

Sounds like theyve just about cleared the backlog and are in business again and on the down side the pigs are off on their last journey next week!
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: Fearingby
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 09:24:04 pm »
We ordered some replacement tags last Monday and we had them by Wednesday.  Exemplary service as always. 

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »
I've never had any problems with service from Fearings. Recently ordered a new batch of pig tags and they were here within a week.

www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

SophieYorkshire

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 08:51:20 pm »
Seems I don't learn from experience. Put a digit wrong on my herd number for cattle when I ordered tags 2 weeks ago. Received an answerphone message from them saying the ministry had bounced it. Rung every day twice a day since & they're not answering the phone or email.... Gah!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 11:52:37 am »
I have tried to place an order recently by phone but they wouldn't answer. Then went through the hoohaa of setting up an account and ordered via website. It did arrive within a couple of days tough...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS