Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kerry cattle for sale, Black Isle  (Read 2488 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Kerry cattle for sale, Black Isle
« on: October 18, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
Saw this on FB and asked for permission to share. Sorry I can't copy the photos but it's on a FB page called Croft/farm/gamekeeping and equestrian highland buy/ swap/sell or free - snappy title (not) but some good stuff for sale.

Posting for a friend:
Maybe unknown to you but this cow makes a lovely smallholder's cow. A little bigger than the Dexter, the Kerry is easily managed, good natured, and an easy calver. Good milky cow and excellent beef. Brilliant foragers doing well on poor grazing. They outwinter well due to thick coats. The cattle are from TB free, BVD negative, isolated herd on Black Isle, Ross-shire. In Scotland but delivery to all UK previously sorted for other buyers. Be a pioneer in your area and join the growing band of devotees! Prices from £300 for a this year's calf to a £1000 for a mature cow in calf.
Sally Ann Jackson Telephone: 01243 575935/07876717073 Email: sallyannjackson17@googlemail.com

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Kerry cattle for sale, Black Isle
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:13:21 am »
I have heard of Kerry cattle, are they speckled by any chance or am I confusing it with something else?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Kerry cattle for sale, Black Isle
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:02:33 pm »
Black. You might be thinking of Irish Moiled.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS