Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hedging Courses.  (Read 2641 times)

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Hedging Courses.
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:00:57 am »
Anyone ever been on a hedging course and if so what did it cost and what did you learn ?
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: Hedging Courses.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:18:28 am »
I went on one a few years back,  I think it was about £100 for a weekend with overnight in a hostel type accommodation.  It was run by the BTCV and was great fun...we drunk a bit to much dizzy juice  in the evenings and learned how and when to lay hedges.

I had a bit of a head start because as a young lad I had helped my Dad and Grandad lay hedges, but it was good to learn the proper theory. and a great social weekend.  Went on a dry stone walling one too by the same outfit. Again it was great fun.

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
Re: Hedging Courses.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:05:17 am »
I expect you know but they are doing 3 at Birches Farm near Kington in January. Costs £70 (£60 for wildlife trust members). The hedges they have done so far look good so I assume the instruction is good. My husband was interested but not sure if we have got that far yet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS