Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Very interesting  (Read 2440 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Very interesting
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:24:42 pm »
I was thinking about poetry, because of national poetry/poets day not long ago. I found this online http://www.jwest.biz/LiteraryLinks.htm its very interesting..... You often see in very old poems or accounts of history about certain breeds of animals, still around now, which where around then. They were doing a lot of studying of the poems and stuff on radio 4 about the poetry giving incites into how people lived back in anglo saxon times, even way before then, back to the times where there were different tribes before they became anglo saxon. In these particular poems you see what breeds of cows they had back then, some of these breeds have been going for generations. In this case the British white cow, also known as the white park? I am trying to write a page about it in my research books, I love research about farm animals, or any animals come to think of it, but especially the rare old breeds of livestock.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Very interesting
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:03:23 am »
That was lovely WBF And the cattle are beautiful.!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:54:05 am »
Very interesting.  And the reason we conserve native breeds!

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 07:53:31 am »
 :wave: really interesting, though we didn't all become Anglo- Saxon, some of us remained Celts, Britain's indigenous population.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:01 am »
 That is certainly interesting.
But, not wishing to be pedantic  :bouquet: - the British White and White Park cows are actually 2 separate breeds with different genetic makeup. The former being polled, and the latter having  long horns.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »
Yea I thought so, wasn't too sure which is why I asked.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS