Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crovect  (Read 3931 times)

perkhar

• Joined Sep 2015
Crovect
« on: October 05, 2015, 11:30:25 am »
Hi guys just bought some Crovect to do the sheep I only have a few sheep and have realised that I'm going have left overs and that the date is will run out before I use it all...

Will this stuff work after its use by date or should I just give it to someone else before its up to use it up?

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Crovect
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »
You can use it but its potency will diminish. It's probably not much use to anyone else now as the fly season is at an end so I would hang on to it. It would still kill maggots if applied directly even when its out of date but may not be as effective at deterring blowfly or head fly fro landing if applied as a fine mist.

HTH

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:13:13 pm »
As above. Personally I wouldnt trust it as a long term deterring product when out of date.  I would only use it after catching something with strike and would be keeping that animal to hand under observation. 
I would use out of date crovect as the results could be monitored.

Its not ideal though.

In the future, ask the people your buying it off the expiration dates.  Always a good tip, sometimes they stock rotate like any other shop.  If you explain your small they will often have newer stock at the back.  People who are going to use it in a year dont mind buying it for the year.

perkhar

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:54 am »
That's what I'll do then I'll just continue to use it until I reach the sell by and I'll keep it on hand for emergency situations makes sense thanks

EP90

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Ireland
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
Taken from "Product Information Database.
Legal category: POM_VPS  | Crovect Pour-on ,SUMMARY OF PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS"

6.3   Shelf life

Shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product as packaged for sale:   18 months.

Shelf life after first opening of the immediate packaging:           3 months

It doesn't last long after opening !!

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 07:11:37 pm »
On a side note - I put some in an old WD-40 container for spraying - my farm hand has been oiling all the gates with it for months - seems to work :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS