Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Swap chicken for a bag of mixed corn / layer pellets - Perth  (Read 1620 times)

Chrissie

• Joined Feb 2013
Swap chicken for a bag of mixed corn / layer pellets - Perth
« on: October 02, 2015, 12:04:49 pm »
Hi all,

We have accumulated too many chickens over the last couple of years and although I find it hard we have to let go of a few of them….Because they were all home-grown chicks I don’t really want to ‘sell’ them but happy to do a swap for a bag of food for the rest of the lot…

There are up to 6 that I am hoping to rehome. Ideally as a minimum of pairs of two. There is one definite cockerel (‘Declan’ who is totally black with funky colours in the sunlight) but he has fathered too many hens now that we decided to get some new blood into the flock. Quite conveniently someone recently threw a cockerel over the fence so that worked out well  ;) . He is a Thuringian / Silkie Cross (quite small)

‘Bella’ the mixed coloured one also is a Thuringian / Silkie Cross.

The stripy one (Rosie’s chick - I think is a cockerel too) he is from the spring hatch and a cross between a Maran and Araucana (green pretty eggs) or at least those are the only other two hens we have who’s eggs I popped under the broody hen.

There are free from mites and red mites (been keeping a very close eye on that!!!) –powdering them regularly and otherwise also happy chokes!

So please let me know what you think – also happy to let them go for free because we do need to scale down so I guess if you are coming from ‘far away’ I will swap the hen for the effort of coming down / up here   :) - Just get in touch and we can work something out!

PM me and I will send some pics!

Chrissie   :chook:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS