Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholders Festival  (Read 3540 times)

Tamsjute

• Joined Jun 2015
Smallholders Festival
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:24:08 pm »
Hi,
Is anyone goining to the Smallholder and Growers Festival in Lanark on Saturday?

I shall be taking along my New Forest mare and foal - if all goes to plan and they load, etc, etc (have been practising!) If for some reason they decide they can't possibly get in the box, I will chuck one of my other NF ponies in as a substitute - but everything will be fine I'm sure!!!! :fc:  :hshoe:

I also have 2 of my call ducks entered in the waterfowl show - I have never shown ducks before, so it will be a new experience for me. I hope they do well as I think they're lovely, but of course I'm bias!

Hope to see some of you there - I'll be with the NF ponies, so pop along and say hi!  :horse:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Smallholders Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:18 pm »
Unfortunately I can't go, but an sending some Large Black piglets for the display stand, and my friend Gilean is taking her Highland pony and doesn't really know anyone else going, so do say hello to her.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »
Unfortunately I can't go, but an sending some Large Black piglets for the display stand, and my friend Gilean is taking her Highland pony and doesn't really know anyone else going, so do say hello to her.

I'll say hello to her too  :thumbsup:

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 07:10:23 am »
I will be 'about' helping, i'll be visiting the ponies for sure at some point.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 07:18:52 am »
Enjoy guys ! Bit far for me ????

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 07:56:39 am »
Not bringing any stock, just my horde of offspring and wife, we're all working in various places... See you all there...

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 10:07:29 am »
Have a great day all......just toooo far for me! :-(

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 12:36:21 pm »
......I also have 2 of my call ducks entered in the waterfowl show - I have never shown ducks before, so it will be a new experience for me. I hope they do well as I think they're lovely......
Oh you've seen ours then  :innocent:  :roflanim:
We're entering our ducks too and likewise, we've never shown before  :o
The boss (Mrs CGL) is helping [member=3983]Brucklay[/member] show some :sheep: and she's never shown then before either  :excited:
Looking forward to the entire day.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 01:54:01 pm »
I'll be at the pig showing please come along and say hello. The piggy folk are very friendly. I am also showing ducks for the first time.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »
We've got some sheep and eggs in - be good to see you all!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »
Great day lots to see and do so many different animals to see trade stands, craft stands and talks on a variety of Smallholding interests all with such a friendly atmosphere and so many like minded friends.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS