Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How to register land as a Smallholding  (Read 2203 times)

phewitt1234

• Joined Aug 2015
How to register land as a Smallholding
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:45:16 pm »
Hello,

I have purchased some land next to my house and want to register it as a Smallholding / Small Farm.  I have a CPH number but what else do i need to do to actually register it as a Smallholding / Farm?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: How to register land as a Smallholding
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:47 pm »
There is no registration for a small farm or smallholding. Your CPH number *is* the registration for the holding, what other registrations you need to do depends on what you intend to use your land for.

If you're going to keep livestock you'll need to register for the relevant species, each of which have their own registrations - herd number for cattle, flock number for sheep, and so on. See the relevant species guides on TAS for more info on each - http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/livestock/

If you're going to be claiming grants or subsidies you'll need to register with the relevant agency - Rural Payments Agency in England and Wales, SGRPID in Scotland.

Hope this helps, if you need more info please share where you are and what you're planning to do.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS