Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally.....  (Read 3093 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Finally.....
« on: August 28, 2015, 07:16:12 am »
The wait is over, she gave birth last night. So far that's two bulls born in 2 wks. The last bull which was born I named Ernie, after a dear friend, the next bull amma gonna name Eric and the bull after will be Des :roflanim: so we'll have Eric, Ernie and Des. :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Finally.....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:29:06 am »
Excellent news  :thumbsup:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:07:11 am »
Are you having a laugh with those names?  :roflanim:  Good news!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:06:29 pm »
Yes rather. Because I have a friend called Ernie I decided have a pattern of names. He named the calf Ernie and I just carried on and named this one Eric, as a bit of a joke, but I like those names they have a certain ring to them.  ;D
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 09:39:52 am »
Good news! Congatulations.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 10:10:42 am »
Eric, Ernie and Des?.....Oh Friends........and there was me thinking ......Give me Sunshine....and......Boom Boo, Yatta Ta Ta :) Lol.
Congrats anyway!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 11:11:54 am »
Ah well my other heifer is getting ready for calving now, I've just seen her seperate herself and she's really close. Am really hoping it'll be a heifer

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 12:02:27 pm »
As I was writing the last post a heifer calf was born, its nice when everythings balanced ain't it? Not too many bulls :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS