Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New arrivals  (Read 3095 times)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
New arrivals
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »
Last night we collected two lovely little girls from Penninehillbilly,  they are about 5 months old and I spent quite a bit of time today just watching them,  they are 3/4 Toggenberg and a 1/4 Saanen and have taken the Saanen colouring.  I think I am in love  :love:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: New arrivals
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:12:53 am »
Goats are great time wasters.  ;D  They are also good at creating  :love: :love:  in people. Love my girls to bits. Enjoy yours.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:33:39 am »
Enjoy them - they are the best of beasties  :goat:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:50:52 am »
I'm beginning to agree with you clydesdaleclopperI got my golden gGuernsey girls a couple of months ago and they are gorgeous  :goat:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:29:14 pm »
welcome to the club of goat lovers, they are just the best animals and I couldn't imagine my life without them  :love:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 10:22:09 pm »
I know the feeling, I get so distracted by mine I now have to set the alarm on my phone to remind me to go to work. They are so cute and entertaining  :thumbsup:
________
Caroline

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 12:39:39 pm »
only two?

just the start then! ;)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »
Only just seen this, hope they've settled well HG  :)
don't forget the pics  :)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »
only two?

just the start then! ;)
lol you could be right, we are also on the lookout for a milking nanny, with or without kid as PHB sent us away with some delicious fresh and frozen milk and it will be a while before we get any from the little girls  :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:27:17 am »
Nothing can beat the taste of fresh goats' milk and just you wait until you get into cheese making.

I only have two goats but that is due to lack of space rather than lack of wanting.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS