Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Greetings from Bristol!  (Read 4833 times)

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Greetings from Bristol!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »
Price varies hugely ..  best bet is to start looking ........ visit a few of us ......... who knows you too may find a long commute is worth it!

Does depend on why OH is less keen though ......
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Rhea

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Wye Valley
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »
We did look at that area a bit, but the bridge was a bit of a psychological barrier.

That's what helps keep prices lower (well, that and the stupid toll!)

Prices do vary quite a bit, so would depend on what exactly you're after and how far you are willing to travel.

sandspider

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Bristol
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 11:28:58 am »
Thanks for the responses, both.

I'd love to visit a few smallholders in the area! Though I suppose I'm really looking more to grow / own woodland (and perhaps a few chickens) then to be a full on smallholder. Don't have too much time to spare at the moment, though hopefully that might change. And my wife (and myself to a lesser extent) don't want to go tooooo far from Bristol for a range of reasons - jobs, friends, nice city, good shops and resources etc. Also to be close ish to OHs parents, for child care duties (one day, not yet!) We don't want to live right in the middle of nowhere...

Though all of this is negotiable, for the right property / land! We almost viewed one place, a good hour from Bristol, up near Ross on Wye, that had 25 acres of land and was a former farm. It sold before we could get the viewing finalised, however. But in retrospect, perhaps 25 acres is a bit much - I'd like to enjoy our bit of land, not be a slave to it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS