Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Courgette Chocolate Cake  (Read 2874 times)

muddypuddle

• Joined Jul 2015
Courgette Chocolate Cake
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:10 pm »
Hello, I am reasonably new so I don't know whether there are recipes already on here for this, however I am sure I am not the only one with more courgettes than they know what to do with but I love baking and found this American recipe that make a nice cake.

3 large eggs
 1 cup vegetable oil
 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
 1 tablespoon cinnamon
 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 3/4 teaspoon salt
 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
 1/2 cup cocoa powder
 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 9×5-inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the grated zucchini. Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder in 3 batches, mixing until the batter becomes uniform. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving

I don't know how much a cup really works out to but I used a small mug or a tea cup and it turned out great.
Enjoy!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Courgette Chocolate Cake
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:54:20 pm »
Thank you muddypuddle that sounds absolutely delicious  :yum:

I agree American measures are awkward to convert, but you can look up tables online (google)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:25 pm »
Muddy Puddle,
Can you give that recipe all in grams next time you make it please.

It makes things  so much easier , especially if you have happened to have purchased some of the electronic digital scales that can weigh less than a 100 th of a gram.

I'm slowly but surely setting all the recipes we use for sausages , cold pickling , hot water bath preserving , pressure canning and foreign dishes in grams for every item then if we want to adjust we have a known data base to work from .

:tree:
They weren't for drugs.... I don't play that silly sort of game .
I used to sell lots of  very very small items in 10's , 20's & 50's by weight . I was also  refilling my spent ammo cases/cartridges under the supervision of a quality shooter so needed extreme accuracy most of the time .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:46:52 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »
Yep gonna try this  :yum:
________
Caroline

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »
For 1 American cup I use a small pyrex glass jug, which is one cup. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS