Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Male or female???  (Read 6064 times)

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Male or female???
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 09:15:48 pm »
I don't want to be harsh but those coppers are not breeding material anyway. It happens, even from the best eggs. Freezer I'm afraid.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 09:34:09 pm »
Respect your honesty stereo, it's a pity more pjeople aren't as honest, all part of the learning curve!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 10:10:13 pm »
They look like males to me. Copper marans should be dark and those look too colourful.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Wheaton or copper marans now that we have established their males!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 06:48:15 am »
Are they more like Wheaton marans cockerels,
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:57:21 am by mojocafa »
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »
Not sure. I would think they would be lighter still. Never bred them. Maybe.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »
Eat & keep your fingers crossed for next year. I hatched a huge majority of cockerels last year and sold one - it was a long winter of chicken dinners. This year has gone completely the other way and the money is rolling in-hens all presold. Mind you, the geese have gone the other way (West of England gander anybody?).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS