Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's the story behind your username?  (Read 24662 times)

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: What's the story behind your username?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
sorry, not in response to a request but here I is anyway.
My name is Kim and for as long as I can remember people have called me Kimbo. So I answer to Kimbo quite naturally and that's my name on everything that needs a username.

Id like to request replies from verdifish, Victorian Farmer and Clansman please.

Bionic, I kind of figured your name was somehow surgically related! But I thought it was something like an artificial heart valve!
Is it time to retire yet?

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 06:18:24 pm »
My name is Clare but my mum has always called me Belle. I'm not sure why, she just always has!

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »
Mine's simple... my initials are pgk and I used to run a vet's website called e-vet. I still run the discussion list but it's quietened down from it's hayday since I retired, have none of my own clinical material etc. I used to tax deduct the running costs through the practice under the CPD heading (with accountant approval) but that's gone.
I've been messing about on t'internet from before it was.. the old dial-up bulletin board days. Heck, I even had a rotation as emergency vet help on compuserv for anyone old enough to remember that...

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »
Id like to request replies from verdifish, Victorian Farmer and Clansman please.

drive-by links :

[member=27351]verdifish[/member] [member=15578]Victorian Farmer[/member] [member=28933]Clansman[/member]

and a couple of my own requests  [member=11700]Tiva Diva[/member] [member=2642]clydesdaleclopper[/member]
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »
Buffy the eggs layer is the name of one of my hens. I got so fed up trying to find a user name for different sites especially as anything relating to my name had be taken so I chose one that I thought would be original. I'm Buffy in lots of online circles now and I happily answer to it. :eyelashes:   

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 06:48:15 pm »
Oh, and my name's Sally and I moved 'oop north' and thought it witty to say "in't'north" - but of course I'm still only half way up the country!  lol.  Never mind, SalllyintNorthofEngland would've been too much of a mouthful.

I get called Sally, SITN and sometimes SIN.  I prefer SITN to SIN!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »
I have been a fan of Four Star Mary since their appearance in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (FSM)
After striking up a friendly rapport after their first UK tour, I have been known to travel around the UK to as many gigs as possible. (Nutter)
So I've used the fsmnutter in multiple places since as its not usually taken!
Ps I am not a pastafarian, #fsm also refers to the flying spaghetti monster, no relation to the band!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2015, 07:02:10 pm »
does as it says on the tin and my croft number   :wave:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2015, 07:06:34 pm »
Quite simple really, Verdi  is a shortening of my surname that became my nick name in the Army, actually I was little Verdi  as I served with my older brotherhood who is 6" shorter than myself so for a while it was big little verdifish but that got complicated the fish part is a reflexion of my hobby, sea angling!!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »
Mine is because I used to have a Clydesdale horse and my friend used to call riding clopping.

Now I have no Clydie and I can't clop because my pelvis falls apart  :(
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2015, 07:20:58 pm »
Mine is because I used to have a Clydesdale horse and my friend used to call riding clopping.

I'll be putting some new clip clops on the boy Friday!!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

I'll be putting some new clip clops on the boy Friday!!!

give him a kiss from me  :horse:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:01 pm »
Its my name and I look like a bear, err that's it

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 08:17:58 pm »
my mum called me john and helens mum called her helen…we have been told our fathers had nothing to do with the naming……apart from my stupid middle name :-\

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »
Most of my online pixel names begin with a Q because it is a more rarely used letter.

It amuses me ( far more than it should) that I will one day impart some stunning insightful knowledge to which someone will reply with - Thank you Q.  (hasn't happened yet  :'( )
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS