Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wound spray  (Read 2178 times)

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
wound spray
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:31 am »
One of my goats ear tags has been caught slightly, looks red with minor fresh blood. I have wound spray for chickens, can I use that on the goats or do I need special stuff? What do you use?
________
Caroline

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: wound spray
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:54:17 am »
I use Septiclense (the colourless stuff) in the first instance for these injuries. If not looking better within a few days I remove tags (and order replacements) and maybe use the blue Terramycin spray if it looks infected (and the goats are not going to a show). I have found it is difficult to get it healing quickly with the tag left in-situ. Mine are then re-tagged once fully healed and/or before they go back out somewhere.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:56:12 am »
I use Battle's wound powder on cuts and grazes  :thumbsup:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 12:23:42 pm »
Me too Fiesty , works well

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 06:16:38 am »
I use pure apple cider vinegar the kind with the mothers still in it just strain out the mothers first to prevent the sprayer for clogging a bit of old womens hose will over the jug of applecider vinegar will keep the mothers in but let the cider vinegar come out works great
James

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS