Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Female Kune Kune Pigs suddenly fighting  (Read 9419 times)

HappyHippy

Re: Female Kune Kune Pigs suddenly fighting
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »
 :( It's not something I have personal experience of, but I've asked a few friends for advice - will let you know what they say.
Kx

Annie46

• Joined Aug 2015
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 09:10:34 am »
Thank you

She is still in perfect health, no signs of feeling under the weather, no loss of appetite etc
I am inclined to just monitor her for the next week and see if it increases then decreases and stops naturally before speaking to the vet again rather than just go straight back onto tylan.

Just hoping that it doesn't kick off any fighting again  :(

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 09:46:04 pm »
Pen and strep is the most effective antibiotic to treat it with (that's come from someone who has had experience of it first hand and knows her stuff)
Hopefully it'll clear up and not return to bother her. It's always a difficult situation with older pigs, but if her quality of life is good and she's not being bullied then there's the best you can hope for.

Annie46

• Joined Aug 2015
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »
Ok thanks for that - will speak to the vet about it.
So far its only been a very small amount, not trickling out like it did last time.
She definitely isn't being bullied and like i say, she eats, drinks, forages and begs for belly rubs.
Hopefully will get it sorted and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your help x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS