Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from roadside Scotland  (Read 6305 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Hello from roadside Scotland
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 02:04:05 pm »

Nobody talking to a new member then?

I think we were slow to notice your post because there was some (extremely rare) planned downtime that day, and I think it maybe didn't come up on our 'new posts' lists until you posted again.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »
 :wave: from sunny Tayside.

RBHP

• Joined Aug 2015
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 08:11:10 am »
Oh my goodness thanks for all the great greetings!

I am a farm contractor and have 2 great fell type terriers who earn their keep with vermin control!
Best vermin control you can get.
Hunting Terriers

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 09:58:16 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum from mid wales. :wave: If you have any questions to ask we will try to answer them for you as best as we can :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 11:02:57 am »
Welcome from John O Groats   :wave:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »
I wish your terriers would come and catch all the moles that are causing me so much grief. my foot went down a shallow tunnel today and I nearly broke my ankle  >:(
Is it time to retire yet?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »
I wish your terriers would come and catch all the moles that are causing me so much grief. my foot went down a shallow tunnel today and I nearly broke my ankle  >:(
Oh am so sorry to hear that, are you ok?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 05:21:51 pm »
Welcome from  :sunshine: Angus!

Have you had a go trapping them Kimbo? I got one in the garden, but didn't get one of the field moles and gave up!

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
Yes thanks WBF, its just black and blue. Its a nuisance but nothing more. These moles are taking over the world though
Is it time to retire yet?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 01:30:13 am »
Yes thanks WBF, its just black and blue. Its a nuisance but nothing more. These moles are taking over the world though
Glad it's nothng serious, though probably frustrating slowing you down.
we keep finding dead moles, presume its the cat. dogs do their share when they can, they got one down the lane.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS