Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thinning hair.  (Read 9845 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Thinning hair.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
sounds good  :thumbsup:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 12:06:12 pm »
That's really good news
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 01:02:30 am »
Thank you. Her coat looks normal now. My only problem is coping with all the milk she's providing me with but I can survive that one.  :goat:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 12:20:28 pm »
Thank you. Her coat looks normal now. My only problem is coping with all the milk she's providing me with but I can survive that one.  :goat:

Oh your poor soul  :roflanim:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 12:01:44 am »
Lots of cheese being made.

My biggest problem is resisting drinking loads of milk and eating all the cheese. Why can't I be one of those people who can eat whatever they like and not put on weight?

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:00 pm »
Why can't I be one of those people who can eat whatever they like and not put on weight?

I know that feeling!!!

Madde even worse by me discovering how lovely homemade ice cream which also copes with the excess of duck eggs! Keep trying to tell myself its not low fat even if it does come from the garden!

Glad Pom is doing so much better.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »

Madde even worse by me discovering how lovely homemade ice cream which also copes with the excess of duck eggs! Keep trying to tell myself its not low fat even if it does come from the garden!

But fat is NOT your enemy - sugar is. Just make your ice cream with very little sugar and it's fine  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 12:49:23 am »
Food is my enemy.  :(

Glad to hear the ducks are laying well again. I love those eggs.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 12:36:41 am »
A bit of an update. Pom's coat has come through and she's looking good BUT, despite being a pure Saanen, she now has a small black patch on one shoulder. I thought it was on her skin as she does have a few spots that are usually covered by hair but this is definitely black hair growing and it wasn't there before she lost her coat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

JTFarms

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 06:09:59 am »
Rub abigof pure apple cider the kind with the mothers still in it it will moist in the skin and it is a antibacterial aid in its own right
James

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 06:19:25 am »
Well several of my GG girls have some white hair where the horn buds were taken off...., so it is maybe a similar kind of thing? As long as she is well it is probably nothing you should worry about...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 11:31:43 pm »
I'm not worried as she is fit and well. Just intrigued. Having said that, my mother lost patches of her dark grey hair during a time of great stress and it came back white, so I suppose this is the same sort of thing.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 11:33:07 pm »
Not sure what you mean by 'mothers', JTF.

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 06:52:03 am »
cider vinegar with the mother in it... refers to the sediment in the bottom.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 09:09:58 am »
The mother culture is where the vinegar is unpasteurised. Most vinegar is pasteurised so you have to look for it specifically

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS