Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Elderflower cordialHelp!! My ElderflowElderflower Cordial  (Read 5776 times)

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
Help! my Elderflower Cordial is popping the tops off the bottles. And it seems to have a 'must'. Any ideas how to rescue it?
Thanks!
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

SallyN

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Nr Chard, Somerset
Re: Elderflower cordialHelp!! My ElderflowElderflower Cordial
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:29:24 pm »
you can't :D elderflowers have a varying amount of yeast in the flowers according to the season/weather/stuff like that and this year seems to have been quite a good one - my cordial has definitely been a bit fizzy too! I'd just release the gas and enjoy the cordial - at least you won't need to add fizzy water!  :innocent:
Smallholding without the smallholding, on various bits of rented land and a big veg garden! Small flock of Dorset Down sheep, assorted hens and a couple of idle ponies.

oldwolf

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Livingston
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »
If it is starting to fizz its fermenting and I assume that you do not want the alcohol. To late but you can stop it where it is lightly alcoholic by adding sodium metabisulphate / campden tablets which will kill off the yeast and stop the fermentation.
'And the crowd called out for more'

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:21 pm »
I always freeze mine in plastic bags and get some out when needed, it works wonders and you don't have to worry about popping noises or lost cordial.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS