Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Russell Brand and Marmite  (Read 2971 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Russell Brand and Marmite
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:19 pm »
what do they have in common?.......you all know the answer!

but to be fair, I have just finished reading his latest booky wook call Revolution and I think he's on to something  :idea: also it was on half price and I'd run out of library books.

ok some of his writing is overly flowery and he uses 6 words instead of 1 but there are a few points and observations he makes that made me think.

The basic jist of what he had to say is, that we as citizens of this earth, need to stop being controlled by corporations, the media and self serving governments. Sounds ok to me!

His analogies and anecdotes actually made me chuckle out loud, no bad thing in this never ending doom and gloom society we are now a part of. Give it a go, I'll even send you my copy if you don't want to part with cash for his utterings, you might get a pleasant surprise
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Russell Brand and Marmite
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:44:55 am »
give me the Marmite any day
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jethro Tull

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:02:11 am »
Russell Brand. Don't make me laugh (and doesn't make me laugh).

Nothing wrong with the policies he espouses but he reveals no original thinking whatsoever. Worse still is his delivery, like that of a clumsy adolescent. Sadly the man has addictive tendencies, as he freely admits, and his political phase shows all the signs of his being caught up in another addiction.

Of course his celebrity is very valuable to the campaigns he publicises, but I am afraid his videos and writing send me to sleep

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:00:40 am »
give me the Marmite any day

Same here.  Helps keep the midgies off too.  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »
I'm a fan of both. But not terribly keen on most fish. Thank goodness we're all differemt

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:38:47 pm »
I agree that there's not a lot of substance there-he's quite bright I think but a product of his personality. I do think that he's making the younger generation think a bit more, maybe introducing ideas that they won't get from Murdoch media so that's not a bad thing.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »
worth noting I think, that he has donated all profits from his latest book to a social enterprise cafe in a housing estate
http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/mar/26/russell-brand-donates-profits-book-hackney-cafe
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:47:52 am »
I feel there is some sense in what he says, but because of who he is he is not taken seriously. However, if he can ignite some political fire in the disenchanted youth then that surely is to be applauded. And I like marmite!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS