Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I present... the new improved Luca!  (Read 1788 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
I present... the new improved Luca!
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »
It is healing well.  it is not as neat as some enucleations I have seen (but then one of them cost £3800 an eye!) but I am very please with it and him.  It wasn't as horrific seeing him for the first time as I imagined.  In my mind Luca still has eyes even though he is sitting next to me.... my no eye dear  ;)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: I present... the new improved Luca!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »
Looking good. :thumbsup:  Moses, my dog that had one eye removed, healed brilliantly, just left a furred socket.  Luca will be much more comfortable - especially when the Elizabethan collar comes off!   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:03:08 pm »
So long as he feels more comfortable thats all that matters.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:07:19 pm »
Just seen this about a guide dog who went blind and had to have his eyes removed and the new guide dog who guides both the owner and the old dog.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364849/Guide-dog-aids-blind-owner-AND-leading-labrador-loses-sight.html
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:13 pm »
I am sure the scars will quickly heal, and I hope he feels much better now he is out of pain. :hug: to both of you.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:25 pm »
I was just wondering about you both earlier, good to know everything is going well, I'm sure his hair will soon grow back and he will look much better, and be happier.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS