Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: missing sheep  (Read 3235 times)

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
missing sheep
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:38:52 pm »
What the procedure for reporting missing sheep. I had 25 escape this morning and I still have 12 missing. (9 ewes and 3 lambs) I've phoned the police but they hadn't had any reports. 8 were at a local farm and i found the some  others not to far away. this was at 11am this morning and i've been looking since then till now. I've been to all the local farmers and houses nearby to give them my number in case they here or see anything. at what point do i tell defra?

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
Re: missing sheep
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:48:47 pm »
I'm afraid I don't know the procedure, but it sounds like you're doing everything that you can.  Just wanted to share a  :hug: - what a rubbish day for you!

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
Our farming neighbours don't seem to worry about 'free range' sheep ...  always some out on the road.

:fc: you find yours soon.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:29:30 pm »
Hope you find them soon  :fc:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:02:55 pm »
Maybe someone has put them into a field. Are they marked with your own mark that any neighbour can recognise? If not then put up notices on gates, someone, hopefully has them safe :fc:

Melmarsh

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »
I feel for you, I think I may also phone any local abbatoirs in case someone picks them up and takes advantage. It's a good question and is making me think  :idea: I do hope they turn up soon, I know I would be frantic if mine disappeared for any reason :gloomy:

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »
All is well. I found some more of the missing ones and then when it when dark it seemed liked the remaining ones were looking for me. the trouble was getting them back on my own but its all done now and I've met some really nice people that I wouldn't of normally come into contact with.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 11:58:21 pm »
 :relief: .  Been there...not fun, especially on your own.  Now you just have to work out how they got out ::)

Melmarsh

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »
Soooo pleased for you, nice to know that other people were willing to help, still makes you think though  :relief:
Nice to know that when the going gets tough they knew they had to get home.  :innocent:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 04:07:32 pm »
Good to hear they're home and safe  :thumbsup:
Also good to hear you've met some nice people  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS