Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: In a former life.......  (Read 2250 times)

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
In a former life.......
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:08:52 pm »
What (or who) do you think your dog, cat, horse, Other Half etc. was in a former life?  We are now convinced that our Choccy Lab George has been a husky, or an Eskimo (Inuit for the PC) or some other inhabitant of colder climes because he will insist on sitting in the sun! He gets much too hot and uncomfortable, and it doesn't matter how much shade we arrange for him he ignores it and sits in full sun!  We are also certain that The Cat was a dowager duchess of the worst kind!! What are your experiences with beastie re-incarnation?  :-J

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: In a former life.......
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:59:15 am »
My Dalmatian has a definite air of a Nazi thug (or similar bully boy) about her.  However, she's quite friendly with her immediate family - unless food is involved....!

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 08:31:26 am »
What (or who) do you think your dog......was in a former life?  We are now convinced that our Choccy Lab George has been a husky, or an Eskimo (Inuit for the PC) or some other inhabitant of colder climes because he will insist on sitting in the sun! He gets much too hot and uncomfortable, and it doesn't matter how much shade we arrange for him he ignores it and sits in full sun!
Our border terrier dog does this too.  Flat out in full view of the  :sunshine:.  Will lie on top of the wall on the concrete top - its roasting, he's roasting.  1 very hot dog.  If he can't get out of the house he will lie at the door behind the child gate (we have more child gates to keep the dogs in certain places than folk WITH children) again in full view of the sun.
Crazy mutt.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:17 pm »
Our boder collie was a workaholic - now a workaholic supervisor to us - he dosn't let us miss or forget anything to do with our livestock and we don't do things quickly enough for him! He herds us and the geese and pony when it comes time to let them out or put them in, barks in frustration because wer'e too slow making the feeds up, etc., what a dog, but we love him and wouldn't be without him.

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:50:51 pm »
My Rottie is a worrier, she likes us all our place and in a routine, lies on your feet so you can not get out. She spends most of the day on patrol, barking at planes, birds, any loud noise or doorbell on the TV. so I think she's an over anxious mum.
  Our lurcher is the most self centred, lazy, disobedient s*** ever, who spends most of his day a sleep on the sofa, bullies the Rottie, so he is a real teenage delinquent.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:01 am »
My Parsons Terrier was probably an inmate in an asylum, or possibly the first to be diagnosed with Munchausens syndrome.  He feigns illness pretty much every week.

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »
My horse, Harry was a surfer dude, he's so laid back...

Castlehill Farm

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Methlick
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

I was an Arab with many wife's and had many children who looked after my empire!
Pedigree Belted Galloway cattle, Soay / soay X sheep & Boer / boer X goats

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 08:46:51 pm »
I was a belly dancing scantily clad member of a harem of many wives.
Showing and breeding Pygmy Goats
Always room for another goat as he will never notice

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »
I was a knight crusader who enjoyed releasing harem members from a life  of slavery after slaughtering the sararcen hoards

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS