Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Why you should holioday in Scotland this year  (Read 6391 times)

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Why you should holioday in Scotland this year
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »
You should holiday in Scotland so I can get stuff done without getting stuck behind mobile home drivers and can pull out onto the main road without being beeped by people doing 100 mph anxious to get and start relaxing 

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:59:59 pm »
You should holiday in Scotland so I can get stuff done without getting stuck behind mobile home drivers and can pull out onto the main road without being beeped by people doing 100 mph anxious to get and start relaxing

don't know how to break it to you Me but we are littered with campervans etc up here and drivers who are unaware of the rules of driving on rural roads but I must be maturing with age as I haven't harrassed too many this year, jst the odd one to keep my hand in  :innocent:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 10:54:55 pm »
I love Scotland and can't wait to get back there. Not this year though as our holiday is reserved for meeting our new grandchild.
I believe congratulations are in order, congrats thats wonderful news. :)

Thank you. We're very excited and looking forward to meeting him/her.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:41 am »

don't know how to break it to you Me but we are littered with campervans etc up here and drivers who are unaware of the rules of driving on rural roads but I must be maturing with age as I haven't harrassed too many this year, jst the odd one to keep my hand in  :innocent:

Excellent! The more there are with you the less there are here! VISIT SCOTLAND!!!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 07:22:33 pm »
No thanks. Cold wet and midgies and my English accent may not be well received ( again).
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:46 pm »
No thanks. Cold wet and midgies and my English accent may not be well received ( again).
Sounds more like wales  :innocent: :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 09:34:48 pm »
to be fair, the midgies haven't been at all bad so far this year up here  :fc:

the same can't be said for English accents though, they are everywhere  :-J  my OH being one of them before anyone gets on their soap box  ;D
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 10:12:22 pm »
Just don't forget your water wings  :raining:
Anne

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 12:15:33 am »
Once you've been in scotaald for a few weeks , pop over the water to N. Ireland .
You can  get some decent whiskey there , it's tripple distilled , not like the usual stuff you buy for  cooking that's common in Scotland.
 Once adequately lubricated   slide down through Souther Ireland and catch the ferry back to Wales.
Where they even make their own world acclaimed whisky & where it rains even more than some parts of Scotland .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 08:30:19 am »
Once you've been in scotaald for a few weeks , pop over the water to N. Ireland .
You can  get some decent whiskey there , it's tripple distilled , not like the usual stuff you buy for  cooking that's common in Scotland
 Once adequately lubricated   slide down through Souther Ireland and catch the ferry back to Wales.
Where they even make their own world acclaimed whisky & where it rains even more than some parts of Scotland .
Sounds like a huge amount of pub crawling :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 08:07:31 pm »
Why you should Holiday in Lancashire this year??

- cos Lancashire people are the friendliest in the UK
- cos we have a small but beautifully formed CL caravan site
- cos my hens lay the best eggs in Lancashire
- cos I bake a pretty nifty cake

:eyelashes:  :eyelashes:
Is it time to retire yet?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 08:13:45 pm »
I think we should holiday were we wish, whichever place we love the best. Where I live now my dad used to come to this part of the world every summer and when my parents got married they moved here, uncanny ain't it? But I love it to bits. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS