Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Very Noisy Goat.  (Read 1905 times)

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
Very Noisy Goat.
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:35:38 pm »
And I mean REALLY noisy! I'm surprised our neighbours haven't complained and they are 300m away.

I'm not really sure why she has become so noisy, she never was in the past. She kidded about 10 weeks ago with me present and it started then but only a little. My friend joked that she has an attachment disorder and has got mixed up about whether I am her kid or not and certainly she gets more noisy when I am away from her (especially when first leaving her) but then again she doesn't seem that fussed when she leaves her kids. It seems to be getting increasingly pronounced how much she is shouting. Can't find any source of distress, well fed, no sign of injury/ill-health.

Any suggestions or experience of this? Is she just a neurotic first time mother with an attachment disorder (and really bad eyesight!)? Any ideas how to calm her down?

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: Very Noisy Goat.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:55:02 am »
Ours are the noisiest goats I've ever met.  They are brilliant foghorns, great but when we have campers, oh dear it's like walking a trip wire walking round at night. So we put them away at nights when we have visitors, and if we're empty they stay out with shelter of course. 

They think they're the queen bees here, and like to tell us so  :innocent:

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:28:30 am »
My rescue Toggenberg Nanny was soo loud she got called Mona!!
 Then Mona Lisa as she's  pretty as a picture! ! Still loud though!!
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

Loobylou

• Joined May 2015
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:31:30 pm »
Here's a tip, try putting the radio on. Usually quiet end mine up

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS