Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plumbs , South Wales  (Read 2744 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Plumbs , South Wales
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:21 am »
Well we had several apples on the 4 yr old apple trees till the wind ripped them off at the wek end .
What puzzles me is that there has been no show of flowers on either of our so called self fertile  4 yr old plumb trees .

I think i managed to get some thermal sheeting over the trees to stop the frost killing off the buds.
 Has any one else around here lost their plumbs this year ?
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Plumbs , South Wales
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:29 am »
With the mild spring all fruit is "bumper" this year :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:07:24 am »
I lost my plumb tree a few years ago when a mischevious buffalo, who I sold, got into the garden and used it as a scratching post. >:(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:39:26 am »
With the mild spring all fruit is "bumper" this year :)
I have the added bonus of apricots this year as a result of the mild spring - first time because the tree is too big to fleece.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Quirkygirl

• Joined May 2015
  • Cwmbran, Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30:03 am »
My plum tree hasn't had any flowers  at all. I was putting it down to being a young tree.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:14 am »
One of my plum trees had one flower this year but I put that down to it resting after a bumper crop last year. The other one is a young tree which was covered in blossom and started with tiny plums. All except one have fallen off.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:11:23 pm »
We lost a few plum trees in the winter but the remaining trees are all full of green plums that are showing signs of reddening now.  Last years crop was fairly grim so hoping this year better!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 11:42:51 pm »
Thanks folks .. I'll have to put it down to Old Mother N giving me the elbow this year then.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS