Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: No one to blame but myself  (Read 4970 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: No one to blame but myself
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »
When I was younger I had difficulty controlling my anger, since then I have learnt to control my anger. Shouting abuse at someone doesn't get you anywhere, in fact it is fundamentally wrong to hurl abuse at people, if you feel the need to rebuke someone then ask them nicely don't rush in there with stuff you will regret later. I have seen a lot of stuff other people post as not good advice and I have not said a word of nastiness to them I have let them be. If you must rebuke my comments then please do so nicely and sensibily. Oh and by the way raspberry leaf and penny royal are herbal alternatives to get rid of unwanted unborn animals.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »
Also I said 4 weeks minimum cause it never quite registered than sheep and goats take longer to form their offspring i admit i was wrong in that respect. I know that i said prostoglandin, but i have never asked the vet whether it could be used for smaller animals than bovine, i have never used it for smaller animals at all. Prostoglandin came to mind cause its the drug which the vets always talk about when it comes to abortion in animals. I was only trying to be helpful, there is no need to hurl abuse at all.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Katrina

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Cornwall
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »
Could we stick to talking about the animals and not the people. I usually find this forum very interesting and full of different advice and experience. Disagreeing with advice is all fine but no need to get personal. None of that helps the person with the escaped goat and consequences.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 05:51:55 pm »
I agree

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »
Can you all play nice please, I'm having a bad day and 24hrs timeout for breaking Tas rules is an option I'm willing to consider for anyone...

Keep it on topic,

Don't make it personal,

If it's bad advice/poorly worded post a correction explaining why a previous poster is wrong is fine so long as it's courteous.

For all of you lovely people in Tas land thank you for all the lovely reports in my inbox, this is very welcome and the correct way to deal with issues on the board.

Stay safe, play nice, 24 timeouts are a last resort but you have all been warned.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 06:44:20 pm »
Id love to know why you having a bad day should have any effect on interpretation of tas rules bloomer ,my point is not aimed at one person merely anyone posting unhelpfull drivel where animals health and welfare is concerned should be controlled by the mods ! I shouldn't have to do your jobs as mods as I'm not suited to It as I'm a bit headstrong but surely facts are facts and drivel is drivel !!! But drivel I some cases can kill facts cant !

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:11 pm »
 :wave: hello people

Just come on and I am going to lock thread . Should have mentioned that billie is a small pygmy, will now let nature take its course, pygmies go into season monthly so it's likely that 1 or 2 may have been caught.

Ideally don't want to be kidding this side of winter but it's happened and we shall deal with it. I'm not the first person to leave a gate open and I won't be the last!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS