Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A dilemma  (Read 2185 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
A dilemma
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:37:27 am »
As you know, poor Mrs. Carey, one of my pet Kune sows died. One second she was looking forward to her evening banana, the next she had collapsed and was dead within a minute.
My dilemma is her sister, Babe, also eight years old. She doesn't appear to be in any distress at being on her own at the moment and she has the sheep for a bit of company.
There is a young Kune advertised in need of a good home. If I have her and Babe takes against her or finds her youthful ways too stressful I will have the same problem her owners have, finding a good home for her.
If I have her and Babe dies, I will have the problem of finding a companion for her............and so it goes on, where do you stop!
Would you think it better if Babe does feel too lonely to have her PTS.
Sorry this is a bit rambly, I'm feeling a bit rambly over this. Your views would be appreciated.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: A dilemma
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:51 am »
Instead of putting them both in the same pen, why not put them in seperate pens side by side with only a gate seperating them? That way they could get used to each other and be company at the same time. When buying pigs never put them straight in the same pen with a pig they dont know. I hope this helps and all the best :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: A dilemma
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:04:25 pm »
Thank you WBF. Babe is used to free ranging in my 4 acres (and my neighbours similar.) I do have pens I could keep a new pig in but Babe seems very contented at the moment so I shall leave her in peace.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS