Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from leyland lancs  (Read 3028 times)

budharley

• Joined Jul 2015
Hi from leyland lancs
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »
Hi I'm Steve from lancs ,we have had a rented ten acre plot for thirty years ( well my dad has ) . I'm starting to tidy the place up with a view that when my dad gives it up I can take it on . I've been to have a look at a flock ryelands today with a view to starting my own flock   :thumbsup:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Hi from leyland lancs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
Hooray! Someone near to us!!!
AND a Ryeland person!!
Hi Steve, we are in Anglezarke ( near the Yew Tree) on 9 acres and we took delivery of our first sheep ( Ryelands) on Saturday!! Where have you been to see Ryelands locally.? I have brill contacts in Adlington and Lostock Hall: both on the Ryeland Flock Book and lovely people.
We also have 2 Highland ponies, 2 dogs, an unknown number of chickens, some laying, some chicks, and 3 not-very-feral cats.
Would love to have a natter over a drink sometime
Kim X
Is it time to retire yet?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

My sister and her family are all in Lancashire - not smallholders though. She might break a nail  ::)

budharley

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »
Hi , thanks for the welcome .
Kimbo ,funny you should mention lostock hall because that exactly where I was . A lovely couple who invited me and my dad over to see there flock ,Doreen and jack . ????

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »
Hello me dears from Devon :wave:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:49 pm »
Yes!! Some of my little boys are from Doreen and Jack! Arent they lovely?
Doreen sold me half a Ryeland lamb before we agreed to buy stores from her so that we were sure we liked the taste of the meat!
she's a sweetie.
Are you buying breeding lambs from her? If so I can put you in touch with another lady with a couple of really nice unrelated tups if you want to breed. PM me if you are interested

budharley

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »
Yes!! Some of my little boys are from Doreen and Jack! Arent they lovely?
Doreen sold me half a Ryeland lamb before we agreed to buy stores from her so that we were sure we liked the taste of the meat!

she's a sweetie.
Are you buying breeding lambs from her? If so I can put you in touch with another lady with a couple of really nice unrelated tups if you want to breed. PM me if you are interested
Hi, no we just went for a look to see if we liked the breed .we have some fencing to finish first but we have decided it's definitely ryelands we want to keep .
I'm unsure why I had the face at the end of the last post it was meant to be a smile  :)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:45 pm »
Hi from West Yorkshire, hope you enjoy turning your Ryelands, they can be stubborn  :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 11:09:53 pm »
 :wave: Greetings from soggy Shropshire.

Louise P

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 08:25:49 pm »
Hi from Anglezarke too! We live in White Coppice so not too far at all. Are you on Back Lane? I haven't seen any Ryelands anywhere. I have 4x registered white Ryeland ewes which I'm looking to sell as soon as I've weaned their lambs this year if any of you would be interested. It's nice to know there's friendly local smallholders around x

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 03:09:20 pm »
 :o I cant believe it!! My son plays cricket for White Coppice!
Yes we are on Back Lane, how did you know?
Louise, do come and grab a coffee with us and talk Ryelands...and mutual friends/acquaintances! There 2 chaps in my fields right now that Im pretty sure you will know.
I will PM me your address Louise.
How exciting!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS