Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Khaki Campbell Duck Eggs  (Read 3107 times)

sidlaw

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Angus
Khaki Campbell Duck Eggs
« on: July 04, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »
I have loads of possibly fertile Khaki Campbell duck eggs at the moment and i just wondered if anyone would like any in return for letting me know if they hatch.  I haven't got a clucky hen at the moment or an incubator. I have three girls and a drake and the girls have been laying an egg nearly every day since I got them in September.

I would guess they are fertile but can't guarantee.

I live at the Dundee end of Angus

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Khaki Campbell Duck Eggs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:39:31 pm »
Could you borrow an incy from someone and have abit of fun trying the hatching lark?

I've just got six babies from mojocafa or i'd have had a go
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sidlaw

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:59:50 pm »
Hi

Thanks, i actually never thought of that - i'll have a think about borrowing one.  I've never had ducklings before, i'll do some homework. :thinking:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:11:01 pm »
Good fun most of the time - got kids?  If so they'll love it
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sidlaw

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:32:38 pm »
No kids, but i'll probably get too attached to them and then there will be double the eggs    :roflanim:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:41:16 pm »
Don't you sell them?  I've got people queuing up for duck eggs.  Even my next door neighbour who only eats the yolk, gives the white to the dogs  :innocent:

sidlaw

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Angus
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:48 am »
I need to find an outlet for them.  I'm not confident about leaving them at the road end and i work full time so i'm not always around for people if they were to come to the house to buy them.  Between friends and family we were managing to use most of them but the chickens have been laying really well recently so there's an egg glut at the moment, but it's good really because they must be happy and healthy.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:16:16 pm »
Leave just a couple of boxes of six and a tin as an honesty box.  Worst you can lose is a couple of pounds  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS