Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: NEW Scottish Farm Land Trust  (Read 2736 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
NEW Scottish Farm Land Trust
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »
I recieved this today (with my Scottish Smallholder and Grower Festival / Conference hat on) and reproduce in full.

I think this is full of possibilities but there will be many challenges. I'm hoping to get to the meeting. I hope that other TASers will also get along.

I've asked Johnny if there is a webiste of FB page that I can point people to. If there is, I'll let you know.

"Dear SS&G,

I attended your excellent conference in February and raised the issue during the plenery of access to land. There was some interest from attendees, so it would be great to let people know about an organistion getting started which aims to tackle this issue and will be of great interest to smallholders and wannabe smallholders.

The Scottish Farm Land Trust aims to raise money for the purchase of quality farm land which will be leased for small-scale, wildlife friendly farming at affordable rates. We intend to tackle the difficulties associated with access to land and create a novel network of growers focussed on low-impact production.

I have attached the flyer for our constituting meeting where we will be presenting the idea and having an open discussion. Would it be possible to let attendees of the conference know that this is taking place? Also, if anyone from SS&G is interested in coming along they are very welcome.

Many thanks,

Johnny Agnew"

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
Re: NEW Scottish Farm Land Trust
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:59:18 am »
If anyone from Perth wants to go, Caroline Robinson from SRUC is happy to car share from Perth.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
Re: NEW Scottish Farm Land Trust
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:04:30 am »
Shameless bump. Be good to see a few TASers coming along to hear what this might be about.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS