Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BIONURSERY - Forest Garden Plants and Seeds for Temperate Climates  (Read 2662 times)

Balkan Ecology Project

• Joined Feb 2015
Hello All
I'd like to introduce, as far as we know, the only Bio nursery in Europe producing all our plants biologically at an excellent price.

With much pleasure we grow and distribute the beautiful and interesting plants you can find on our website. We often collect seeds native to the Balkan region as well as exotic species from all over the world and nurture them in our gardens. Our plants are reared with various types of biological composts made on site or purchased from local farmers. We use polyculture planting schemes to repel pests and ensure pathogen-free plants.We do NOT use commercial chemicals or practice any methods harmful to the environment. As a result, our plants are more resilient and better prepared for a life outside the nursery setting.

We aim to not only provide individual plants but communities of plants that relate to each other forming stable flourishing ecosystems for our gardens.

http://www.balkep.org/plant-profiles.html
www.balkep.org

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: BIONURSERY - Forest Garden Plants and Seeds for Temperate Climates
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:58:16 am »
Very interesting site!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:27:55 am »
Looks great but I bet the postage costs would be crippling to the UK
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:27:30 pm »
Certainly a good website, and I enjoyed reading about various plants that I was interested in.
But are there not various biodiversity restrictions that would make it illegal to import the plants into the UK?
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Balkan Ecology Project

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:38 pm »
Hi All and thank you for your interest.

landroverroy, our plants can legally be transported across all EU borders and pose no threat to European biosecurity.
clydesdaleclopper,  regarding transport costs, we can ship 31.5kg to the UK for £25. This equates to 25-28 maiden whip fruit or nut trees or  50 - 60 shrubs or 70 - 80 herbs.
As commonly practiced in the nursery trade we ship our plants from November -March as bare roots. Delivery is recorded and tracked and typically takes between 4-7 days. The plants are tied in bundles with their roots contained in bags of moist sawdust medium. The bundles wrapped in cardboard to ensure they arrive in pristine condition.
We are taking orders now for delivery starting in November.

http://www.balkep.org/plant-profiles.html

All the best,

Paul 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:03:43 pm by Balkan Ecology Project »

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:53 pm »
I'd just like to point out that DEFRA and the RHS and the Forestry Commission are extremely concerned that EU imports are carrying diseases like ash dieback, and are strongly recommending that no-one takes the risk of importing the next tree disease.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:37:53 pm »
Oh! And I already had an acre planted up in my mind but absolutely see your view MF. Still, a good site to read and dream!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS