Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312523 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #915 on: June 16, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
Goats hooves done and then the rest of the day was spent weeding the veggies.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #916 on: June 17, 2017, 07:52:15 pm »
tidying up the yard ready for haylage making time , doing odd jobs that seem to take longer these days having to stop to rest the knackerd knees and legs , and then once stopped trying to get started again !

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #917 on: June 17, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »
Today I had to spend resting as I had no energy left to do anything, not even go to my spinning group's monthly meeting as I needed to sleep a good bit of the day. I hate this auto-immune condition that just leaves me exhausted after I do a bit.  :tired:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #918 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:22 pm »
Today I had to spend resting as I had no energy left to do anything, not even go to my spinning group's monthly meeting as I needed to sleep a good bit of the day. I hate this auto-immune condition that just leaves me exhausted after I do a bit.  :tired:

:hug:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2017, 04:25:45 pm »
Lost a pet lamb today, won't go in to details but was totally unexpected. Feeling really upset :'( Going to be getting in some of the ewes with lambs at foot ready for market tomorrow. Have a good day guys!
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #920 on: June 18, 2017, 04:27:35 pm »
[/quote

So sorry to hear that MGM. Hope you're feeling better soon!  :hug: :hug:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #921 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:14 pm »
Sweating

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #922 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:15 pm »
Thank you. Rested again to day so hopefully can get back in the garden tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your lamb, WBF.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #923 on: June 19, 2017, 05:30:10 am »

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #924 on: June 19, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
Sweating
dont you mean "glowing"
If glowing drips then possibly but more at the horse end of the scale.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #925 on: June 19, 2017, 11:04:56 pm »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #926 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:24 pm »
getting ready for haylage making,  :fc:  , just hope the body can take it !

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #927 on: June 24, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »
Having a day out on the Severn Valley Steam Railway which is having a 1940s event this weekend. It was absolutely wonderful and lots of visitors dressed up to  really join in. It's on again next weekend but I will be at the Wool Experience in Cheshire.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #928 on: June 25, 2017, 09:56:41 am »
Sorting through sheep, dosing and seperating some out for market tomoz. Cleaning out calves building and getting them ready for TB test reading tomorrow, because we are selling the bull calves beginning of July, weaned ones that is ;) hope you guys have a great day!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #929 on: June 25, 2017, 05:36:25 pm »
Out on the tractor cutting grass for haylage  :fc:  I had the delightful company of the swallows , both young and old doing acrobatics and swooping after the insects disturbed by the mower ,so the lines of cut grass are not exactly straight and no doubt the local "old" boys will be tut-tutting and shaking their heads :roflanim: :roflanim:
But the birds will have had a good feast and I have a large field of abstract art drying in the stiff but cool breeze.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS