Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332036 times)

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #480 on: October 08, 2015, 10:18:00 pm »
Worming ewes and Autumn shearing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #481 on: October 08, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
Autumn shearing? Feeding calves today and keeping an eye on a cow which is due to calve any day
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #482 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:57 pm »
Getting organised to go and meet my new grandson tomorrow.  :excited: :excited:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2015, 10:20:38 pm »
sitting in my truck waiting for some very,very,very exeedingly expensive ( and heavy ) subsea oilfield equipment to be tested and loaded on to my truck so that I could take it very slowly ( as it was heavy and cost several million dollars , so they said ) from one side of Aberdeen to the quayside, where they put it on a vessel to take it out to the oil field ,where they will chuck it in the sea...........
To me it was worth 13 hours worth of wages .  :thumbsup:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2015, 08:41:54 am »
Rescuing a grandchild who had locked himself in the lav. It involved leaping gracefully through a small window and pirouetting off the wash basin (I don't think!) I could have sold tickets!!!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2015, 09:14:42 am »
Checked the buffalo that was due to calve and she has calved, it's a heifer! :) Also just cleaned a building and mended a fence.
 really tired now... since my cold went I have been so tired. :tired:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:51:16 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2015, 11:53:19 am »
Sitting in a holiday cottage on Kerrera over looking Oban bay...

It's a tough life but sometimes needs must... :-P

This afternoon I'm going to Walk the mile to see the island herd of Highland cow's... Thats kind of smallholdery...

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2015, 03:18:46 pm »
plucking up courage to chop more onions    :-\  ( last batch of chutney  - hopefully )

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »
Went to the local garden centre this morning for some winter bedding plants and also raided the 'sale' bench  :o
Treated ourselves to breakfast too.
Then emptied the flower trough of summer bedding, separated out all the spring bulbs in it, freshened up the compost in it, planted new bulbs in it and topped it off with some pansies.
Showered, tea'd up, stove on, browsing TAS - Happy Days  :thumbsup:
And we're on annual leave this week too  :excited: :excited: :excited:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2015, 09:05:26 pm »
hoovering the entire house! Got a new filter for the hoover so went a bit mad, don't panic, it won't happen again for a while  ;D
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #490 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:34 pm »
Checking / testing my new led floodlights, I feel like a moth to the candle, I have made sets of barn doors to cut down on light scatter on the bigger ones , still more to do...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #491 on: October 16, 2015, 08:09:20 am »
Talking to internet providers who are supposed to be providing internet, but are not, really fuming :rant: also rearranging the garden and looking after a newborn calf.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #492 on: October 16, 2015, 11:50:29 pm »
Trailing round Ikea in a sort of disabled conga - me in front in my electric wheelchair followed by a friend who is blind, holding onto the back of the chair, who was then followed by my OH holding onto her. We did think about singing and doing the side kicks but it took me all my concentration to get us all through without smashing anything.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #493 on: October 18, 2015, 11:06:51 pm »
wearing a happy grin.
04:00  got up as very heavy rain  :raining: woke me , went out to the newly roofed building and looked up at the nice dry roof :thumbsup:.
went back to the still warm bed, just a bit damp ....but happy.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »
Mucking out calves sheds, now making a nice sausage and macaroni bake with homemade buffalo mozzarella :yum: :yum:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS