Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312420 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #945 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »
Planting in tomatoes in the garden, got half a bed more to do. Had another calf born today, heifer, really chuffed! :) Moving calves into another building, have to disinfect it first. Have a good one guys!
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #946 on: July 03, 2017, 08:31:13 pm »
Moved another greenhouse ,got set up for more baling / wrapping for tomorrow.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #947 on: July 03, 2017, 10:58:04 pm »
Admiring all the rush of growth that a few days of rain has brought on.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #948 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:48 pm »
 Baling the second lot of haylage ,170 bales ave weight 60kg nice and dense ( like me  ) Mrs RTB gave a hand , I would like to thank Her  :bouquet: for her hard work and the use of her emery boards, the dressing of the baler knives was a success  !
 I would also like to thank my GP for the injections to my knees for a pain free and mobile day, and yes he knew I would be baling today,and finally for the breeze this evening that kept the mozzies away until I finished wrapping .

Is it just me or does any one else find watching the bale wrapper hypnotizing ..

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #949 on: July 05, 2017, 07:19:37 am »
Is it just me or does any one else find watching the bale wrapper hypnotizing ..
Congratulations.  Little things please little minds (while bigger fools sit watching - I know).

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #950 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:18 am »

Congratulations.  Little things please little minds (while bigger fools sit watching - I know).

:) :)

carla78

• Joined Jan 2017
« Reply #951 on: July 08, 2017, 04:19:16 pm »
Watching the Tour De France  :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #952 on: July 08, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »
Feeling miserable today, just split off with a friend who started to bully me :(  On the plus side had a new heifer calf born this afternoon and sold our old van to some mechanics, so not too bad after all! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #953 on: July 08, 2017, 09:16:52 pm »
today mainly at flyball competition, same again tomorrow

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #954 on: July 09, 2017, 08:52:34 pm »
Demolishing an old portakabin type building that's on its last legs (a theme applicable here ) making room and looking for my going back to work head as the holiday is over  :(

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #955 on: August 05, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »
been getting in the  :poo:
I know you will laugh......

Its been a crazy struggle of a week at work , so the weekend and the jobs on the farm are a welcome change,however,
The 50year old tractors power steering pipe fractured a while ago , I made a temporary repair some 6 years ago. And so it came to pass that the remaining steel pipe rotted through and I meed a replacement pipe ,  Thinking its best to get the proper part this time I nip down to the ford dealer and the part number is instantly found and yes its available, in America but can be shipped over. I am exited at the prospect until the store man utters that phrase we all dread “ Holy F*** “ and writes down on the pad the total cost.....£572,87 , I repeat the sacred chant and decide a trip to Aberdeen to get one made up next week

Its a sunny afternoon, ideal to replenish the pig ark's bedding, and so in a pair of shorts and bare chested to catch the rays I set off to do the job . After all the recent rain there is a bit of  a quagmire, well enormous really, I navigate this with a fork full of straw and as I turn I find I am stuck in the mud,truly stuck, I better point out I am awaiting bi lateral knee replacement and have a long term ear /balance issue. Pulling the left leg is pointless as the joint is separating so I abandon the boot ( reluctantly ) the right leg is no better and boot left to continue filling with mud, now in just a pair of shorts and the dressings for my leg ulcers I make headway of a few inches and as if in slow motion fall forwards in to the mire...........    all of me .
Having recovered My self I crawl back to the yard where Mrs RTB hoses me down with the coldest of cold water available , and there standing in the yard naked the final insult , I have picked up a tick .
You may join Mrs RTB in laughing, maybe tomorrow I'll get my sense of humor back .

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #956 on: August 12, 2017, 11:13:04 pm »
hahahahahahaha. Sorry buit you did say laugh [member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member] ;)

Not much been going on tbh, getting ready to split up sheep from lambs. Lambs weren't the best growers this year, so will be putting cake down for them ::) caught a horrible cold, so been popping pain killers all day :(
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #957 on: August 12, 2017, 11:37:59 pm »
Oh I would have loved to have seen this. (Not so sure about you naked though). Did you manage to retrieve your boots or your dignity?  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #958 on: August 13, 2017, 02:40:59 am »
Boots recovered by pigs,  dignity only just,  the ability to walk ,about an hour ago but only because the medication wore off. Waiting for new lot to take effect and then back to bed under the supervision of the currently wet ginger cat.
 Oh and I never knew my GP could laugh so loudly............  or the nurses.

Why are the smallest of pill the most potent ?

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #959 on: August 25, 2017, 01:48:32 pm »
Trying to figure out what day it is   ???

Worked some extra days lately and I am struggling to keep up with what I am supposed to be doing when and where   

:idea: if today is Friday then it is our Brownie trip tomorrow    :tired:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS