Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332229 times)

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #825 on: February 21, 2017, 11:43:54 am »
Rearranged our raised beds an disturbed a frogs home so I made a frog sanctuary behind my greenhouse with some left over bits of pond liner

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #826 on: February 21, 2017, 01:47:09 pm »
Hopping mad were they ?

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #827 on: February 22, 2017, 01:02:28 pm »
Hopping mad were they ?

I am hoping they are jumping for joy now

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #828 on: February 22, 2017, 04:11:20 pm »
Having to lie down as lower back is killing me. All calves have fresh bedding and plenty of food and water. Ewe with lambs is fed and watered, having to keep them in because of the stormy weather. In a bit, if I can, I will try and check young heifers. Just finished writing an important paper, so day isn't wasted :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #829 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:13 pm »
Sad day for us all, had one of the Italian imported heifers euthenised, she wasn't getting any better. Just so upset right now! :'( :gloomy:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #830 on: February 28, 2017, 08:52:19 pm »
Volunteer shift at the Royal Voluntary Service cafe at the local hospital
followed by a back,neck and shoulder masage that got rid of a few knots
Chilled for a while
then sat my final computer exam
..................and PASSED    ;D
..... and then it was straight to Brownies

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #831 on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »

Having convinced the team from Greenpeace that the pink whale moulded into the sand on the beach didn't need refloating :) I spent most of the day gazing at a crystal clear sky, the only thing between me and the next universe are the swallows doing swallow stuff to a sound track of bird song, breaking waves and the palm trees rustling in the breeze.

Sorry if your weather is not so good.........

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #832 on: March 01, 2017, 08:10:59 am »
Horrendous weather during the night, had to build a few flood defenses. Knacker came and took away 2 dead buffalo cows, the one we put down and another one who had a heart attack, we think. Mucking out of buildings to be done today and rearranging of calves, can't wait to have a few mins more sleep... :tired:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #833 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:54 pm »
Making cheese from my goat's milk - Havarti and ricotta today.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #834 on: March 03, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »
After chores at home and a trip to check the ponies wintering on a hill field, order hay, buy hen feed (again!), and try without success to get a replacement sheet of greenhouse glass trimmed to actually fit the greenhouse (come back Monday when the person who can cut glass is back!), I popped into Pillars of Hercules for a latte and scone then headed home for a good session in the garden.  Including a big bonfire to burn up all the pruning I've been doing, and getting a load of last year's orchard prunings cut to size for firewood so I have room for another heap of this year's branches!  Oh and mucking out chooks etc, never seem to reach the end of that since I can't actually free range them on a smallholding with loads of trees cos there are (shock horror) wild birds all over the place!  Including pheasants and partridge released by the gamekeeper a couple of fields over behind the wood..

Hoping for a good weather weekend to get along checking fences before the overwintered ponies have to come home later this month.  Need to study for my upcoming sports and remedial massage exams and complete an essay to finish the coursework part, but if it's a nice day this time of year I have my priorities!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #835 on: March 03, 2017, 05:58:25 pm »
......hoping for some dry weather. Pricked out tomatoes cabbage kale. Just need dry weather.......

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #836 on: March 03, 2017, 06:25:13 pm »
Packing my bags for the 2 day trip home tomorrow  :'( :'( :'(

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #837 on: March 03, 2017, 11:44:30 pm »
Crying.

Today the vet helped my GSDxLab to cross the Rainbow Bridge. she was 14 years and 10 months and her back end finally gave out.

I am grateful that she was part of my life for so long (since she was 7 weeks old) but it hurts so much that she isn't here any more.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #838 on: March 04, 2017, 12:12:58 am »
Crying.

Today the vet helped my GSDxLab to cross the Rainbow Bridge. she was 14 years and 10 months and her back end finally gave out.

I am grateful that she was part of my life for so long (since she was 7 weeks old) but it hurts so much that she isn't here any more.
:hug:
Remember the good times, those will always be with you

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #839 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:22 am »
Crying.

So sorry to hear this. Lots of hugs to you both  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Feeding calves, getting ready for bringing buffalo indoors until winter is over. Making plans for garden this year and waiting for a guy to deliver a computer desk.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS