Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332409 times)

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #630 on: April 10, 2016, 08:27:55 pm »
.....listening to the Archers omnibus this morning, some weeding, mulching, a little pruning and cut the grass.  Also went round Megginch Castle gardens as part of the Open Gardens scheme this afternoon - saw some lovely spring bulbs displays, the old and new orchards and then relaxed in the sun enjoying a cup of tea and some first class home baking!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #631 on: April 10, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
pulling twins from a ewe, male and female both suckling well. Really sunny and warm day so managed to get some washing out. About to feed little uns, then bed as I have a long drive to Birmingham tomoz with someone :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Gabardine Angus

• Joined Feb 2016
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »
Picking other people's rubbish out of my fields  >:(  Two full black bin liners and a paper sack full in total. When did people start thinking it was okay to lob their cr[member=36627]P[/member] into a field rather than take it home an put it in their own bin. The vast majority of it originated in a well known fast food burger chain but we also found bottles, cans, umpteen crips packets and a half eaten M&S salad box and sushi tray !   :rant:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2016, 11:04:37 pm »
Potting on my seedlings.

Lovely and warm in the polytunnel which is now empty because we have moved the herb pots out onto the patio for the summer. Lambs and sheep bleating in the next door field,

Ah bliss......
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #634 on: April 17, 2016, 12:11:58 am »
... spinning  :spin: some rather lovely merino x silk tops that I bought at Wonderwool last year to make a shawl for my now grandchild to be. He's now over six months old and I'm still spinning it. Maybe it'll do for the next baby.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #635 on: April 18, 2016, 09:11:50 pm »
sorting the small bales of haylage weeding out the ones nibbled by mice   :'(   lost about 35 out of 300 , this has been the worst year for quite a while, looks like we need younger cats , after all the two we have share their food with the blackbirds  ::)  .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #636 on: April 18, 2016, 10:40:01 pm »
Eating - or that's what it feels like. Tea and biscuits with my friend, out for lunch, hot chocolate and chocolate brownie this afternoon and out for a meal this evening. Now I'm on the Prosecco.

It's my birthday though, so it's allowed.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #637 on: April 18, 2016, 10:50:01 pm »
Doing The Guardian Quiptic online :thumbsup: . A beauty today
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2016, 09:32:31 pm »
Beefing up security following a recce from the travelers, " is that for sale ? how about that ? take your scrap sir , eyeballs out on stalks the sods.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #639 on: May 01, 2016, 02:33:29 pm »
fitting wet walling, its taken since last night , Just finished the silicone sealing. Its not as easy as it looked, but the result looks OK (ish) and I have been rewarded....  http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=73195.15   

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #640 on: May 01, 2016, 03:49:15 pm »
went out to check buff this morn and found a calf nearly dead,  the mom had just walked away from it, no idea why. When I looked at them last night she looked ages away from calving. Tried all we could for it, mum stomach tubed it after we had cleaned it up, but alas to no avail we tried eveything to keep it alive but she didnt seem to respond. The mother is an exceptional milker and the dad has brilliant milk genetics, this is what makes everything worse. We are feeling so down, upset and depressed right now. :'( :'(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #641 on: May 01, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
Sorry to hear that WBF sometimes nature isn't that wonderful.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #642 on: May 02, 2016, 09:58:56 pm »
Searching for a wayward sheep then finding and pulling its dumass out of the river.....dead...which probably made her day but definitly not mine!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #643 on: May 08, 2016, 09:26:04 pm »
Taking Mrs RTB on a "Safari" tour of the Bamoral castle estate. ( her birthday treat )

and Jolly good it was too

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #644 on: May 08, 2016, 09:43:01 pm »
Trying to feed animals with a swimming head and a burning throat and chest, plus a raging temperature, not made any better by the heat of the day, nearly vomited. Been dosed up on paracetemol, thyme tincture and brandy, feeling rather drowsy! pharmacy closed today as its sunday, so I'll get that spray tomoz. Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams :tired: :unwell:   :roflanim:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:45:14 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS