Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I went up for three and came home with six  (Read 1741 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
I went up for three and came home with six
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:43:33 pm »
Ducklings! 

Very pretty little things. All tucked up cosy in their dog kennel with food and a little water.  Looking forward to getting to know them well enough for them to eat out of my hand - may take a while so wish me luck.  :innocent:

Very pleased to learn that the Shetlands are descended from Swedish Blues - still miss my Jack - hell and all my wrath to the fox which took him  >:( >:( >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: I went up for three and came home with six
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:58:48 pm »
Lovely ducks Ive got three from Moira and they are delightful might be getting more and hopefully show some although they are not a standardized breed but can be shows in non standard light duck class. Have started making enquiries to the Poultry Club and the RBST about getting then standardized, might be a long process.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »
Lovely ducks I've got three from Moira and they are delightful might be getting more and hopefully show some although they are not a standardized breed but can be shows in non standard light duck class. Have started making enquiries to the Poultry Club and the RBST about getting then standardized, might be a long process.
Anything I can do to help?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:30:58 am »
 :thumbsup:

So glad your happy  :relief:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »
They are beautiful  :thumbsup:
________
Caroline

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS