Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TV advert on Skye!  (Read 3833 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
TV advert on Skye!
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:38:17 am »
calling all Skye crofters!
Anyone else involved in the filming of a TV advert next week?
Sounds fun if not a little weird, involves sheep, goats are Sir Ian McKellen!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Creagan

• Joined Jun 2013
Re: TV advert on Skye!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:48:28 am »
Not involved myself, but I did see that someone was looking for a photogenic goat suitable for filming!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:29 pm »
All goats are photogenic  :goat:   ;D
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:38:09 pm »

This is being filmed just down the road from us. They have been there a few days. I'm not sure what the foreign tourists are making of it as between takes all the crew and cast go off set and leave a flock of sheep grazing and they all have large boxes with hotel advertisements strapped on top of their backs. It looks very funny.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 03:13:22 pm »
we've been getting some very strange looks, we wrapped yesterday at 6pm after going over schedule for a day.
i'm trying to get the pics off my camera and then you can see up close about the boxes or as they art dept called them...costumes... :innocent: there were 2 flocks, one lot in the fank and a flock of supposedly 'tame' sheep doing other things on the hillside
It was good fun but a loooooong day 8am unit meeting then up on the hill til 10.30pm on Friday night and back again at 8am Saturday!
They wanted my black Shetland Oprah to run in a reasonably straight line from point A - B but the director wanted to know how they could 'motivate' her to do what they wanted!! Leave it to me I said.....bucket of feed and me at point B  ;D

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 06:15:32 pm »
a couple of pics from yesterday :-)

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 06:54:21 pm »

Yes.....having been in the film industry many years ago I recall the long days and downsides of an industry that people assume is glamorous. I now give a wry smile and a very wide berth to the many requests we have  on Skye for film extras.......I think many of the locals on Skye know exactly what I mean.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:57:23 pm »
The sheep don't look overly impressed  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 08:06:28 pm »
the novelty had worn off by day 2 as had some of the paint etc  :D
my goat Skye just wanted to eat her costume!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »
the ad has now been televised, caught it on STV/ITV on Christmas Day, seems to be on afternoon/evening so keep an eye out for it, its Kayak and you can't miss the sheep if you're in any doubt  :excited:
for anyone not caught it yet I have included a link here for the production company
http://lsproductions.com/about/our-work/case-studies/kayak

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS