Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: milk  (Read 2946 times)

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
milk
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:01:54 am »
Just enjoying our first pint of goats milk. Took some getting but well worth it :goat:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: milk
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:13 am »
Another few days and your hands will stop aching and you'll sail through your milking :) I have tried "shop bought" goats milk and have decided I would rather go without. I envy you your lovely, fresh unadulterated milk!!

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 12:32:22 pm »
Thanks Devonlady I will bear that in mind :excited:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:47 pm »
Congratulations :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:38 am »
I'm on shop goats' milk ATM and it doesn't taste anything like the proper stuff.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 05:25:21 pm »
Sounds like you should have taken the 3rd bag. ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:46 am »
I did take the third bag. Your memory gets worse.  :roflanim:

Got to use up the shop stuff first before I start on your goats' milk, then from mine. Only ten days to go.  :excited: :excited:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »
Oops :innocent:

You should have taken a 4th then! ;D
I have only had shop bought goats milk once and it is the reason it took me so long to get goats as it was horrible! Love my own though.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:21 pm »
Started on it now and it is sooooooo tasty after the shop stuff. Can't wait until my girl is producing again. Eight days to go.  :excited: :excited:

Baois Glas

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Ireland
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 11:30:18 am »
We've just started on our goats milk as well and it's lovely, just having a coffee with some in now  ;D
How many acres how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 11:42:56 pm »
Still enjoying the milk from Beeducked's goats. Kidding day is tomorrow but she doesn't look ready although the bulge has dropped a bit.  :excited:

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 10:55:58 am »
Takes me back, you know when you've got hand milking 'off pat' - full hand milking with fast streams of milk going in the pail causing a big froth on the top! I used to have to milk 7 every day that were Q star milkers - a gallon a day at 4% butterfats. Most had perfect teats for hand milking, there was just one - the biggest goat in the herd, she was a British Toggenberg, her teats were like 'ribbons' - she made it hard work! :relief:
Enjoy a lovely product, my daughter was brought up on goats milk and loved it!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 11:04:17 am »
 I used to drink goats milk and quite liked it, but it was shop bought. When we used to buy buffalo milk in, before we milked, for our own use it was gorgeous. Now we have loads of buff milk to drink and tons to turn into product. There is nothing like your own animals milk, from untainted ,pesticide free, pasture. Plus it contains all the vitamins you don't get from milk in the supermarket. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS