Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today's Tea Pot roast Pheasant with smoked bacon and cream  (Read 6119 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Today's Tea Pot roast Pheasant with smoked bacon and cream
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:27 pm »
1          Pheasant hung drawn then washed and dried
50g      butter
            Salt and pepper
1          White onion cut into c/m dice
2          Celery sticks cut into c/m  bits
1          Garlic clove cut in half
50g      smoked bacon cut into c/m squares
200mls  White wine
2          Bay leaves
200mls  Double cream
            A few sprigs of fresh thyme

Method

Preheat the oven Gas 6
Heat the butter in a casserole and season the pheasant and seal off with the melted butter Remove from the pan and reserve.Put the celery onion garlic and bacon in the hot casserole. Sweat it off for about 10 minutes add the wine but don't reduce it add the bay leaves and thyme plus the cream Bring it up to the boil and pour into a hot marmite and then add the pheasant.Place the marmite in the preheated oven and cook 20/30 minutes Then remove the pheasant and allow it to rest 10 minutes joint the pheasant in the juices and serve with a pumpkin and ginger sauce
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:22:14 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
Re: Today's Tea Pot roast Pheasant with smoked bacon and cream
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:55 pm »
Leave some room at the table for me! I'll be round in a couple of hours  :yum:

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:50:40 am »
Think of the poor fools eating factory farmed chicken and, 'smash'....lol

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:56:53 am »
Hello Sausage Will you please believe I have only had one Birds Eye Ready Dinner It was a Beef one I strictly adhered to the on packet instructions and I'm telling you it was in the worst 10 things I have ever tried to eat IT was definitely in the FISH class and when I had eaten half and it didn't improve I am sorry to say it was put in the bin horrid absolutely horrible ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:30:22 pm »
Definitely agree George. I've tried ready meals before and they sucked - they were really bad. All that packaging on the outside showing how scrummy they are and you get this cr*p in a plastic dish, and you have to pay for that privilege!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »
Hey up sage we could start a new row if we think about it all this unnecessary beautiful packageing and land fill HMG on about biodegradable so all the crisp packets turn to silver paper type plastic  ??? ???

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »
hey up s&m is that them wi short arms ;D :farmer:

clint1961

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:48 pm »
Hi, don't want to sound stupid but what is a 'marmite'? Always thought it was a disgusting spread!! :-\

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:17:37 pm »
Why on earth have you never opened an eating house George? Or at least written a recipe book?  :)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:26:54 am »
Like it says on TV Clint you either love it or hate it my Kath says it's onny bont salt by the taste of it.She is disgusted with me when I go into the kitchen and she is spreading it on my toast and I dip my finger in the jar and then pull it out and it leaves a trail like what treacle does then suck my finger She all ways says Mucky devil I haven't worked out if it's eating Marmite or the trail ;D I have never had the courage to do any thing like that Jackie.Just to annoy him that must stick to the thread I made a imitation stuffed chine Sunday Lidl Grimsby had a Gammon portion offer which was a kilo of gammon in one of those cook in plastic rolls for £2.50p each I bought 4 to share I cut slits right through carefull not to break the plastic I couldn't find any stinging nettles so I only used parsley and a good shake of pepper chopped the parsley fine mixed in the pepper and stuffed the slits as full as I could get them with the mix I wrapped the meat in Ali foil and baked it in the oven for 11/2hrs on gas 4.I was a most gorgeous imitation stuffed chine.Now going even further of track There is another use for this dehydrator I would like to buy I could dehydrate stinging nettles and then reconstitute them when I want to make stuffed chine real or imitation Yum Yum Since I started this thread I suppose it wont matter if I deviate will it? ??? ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:38 am »
Sorry clint you and yours maybe call it a pot casserole but if next time you are in the supermarket take down a large jar of Marmite  That picture of a pot with a spoon sticking out under the lid is a marmite.I still cannot manage without a scrape on me toast even if salt is bad for me I've lasted 73 years and if doctor has his way a good few more yet ;D ;D ;D

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 03:05:45 pm »
Clint. marmite is not disgusting ! It's nectar!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »
Shiela I could not have said it better I always try to buy it in 500g jars it some how tastes better than those little tiny things ;D :farmer:

Sandy

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 09:18:00 pm »
Come and live with me, you can enjoy seeing me fatten up nicely!!! ;) ;)you must be a great cook

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:50 am »
Would love to Sandy Do you know the words to "Waiting at the church" The words apply ;D ;D ;D :wave: :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS