Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Red poll cattle  (Read 2599 times)

Victorian Farmer

Red poll cattle
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:05:20 am »
Who has these ,very nice cattle

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Red poll cattle
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »
I think these are beautiful cattle. The OH and I always say that if we were ever to have the space (and time) for cattle, these are what we would get. ;D

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »
I think the farm behind us may have them.

Nina

• Joined Sep 2010
  • North/Mid wales
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »
Not quite, Devons here, but very similar and cant beat the gorgeous rich red colour against a field of green grass :-)

Cowgirl

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:10:45 pm »
Our ex- neighbours in Northamptonshire had a herd of them - they are beautiful cattle. The only thing that worried me was that he said they sometimes had to buy in calves to put on them because the cow had too much milk for one (they are a dual purpose breed). Don't know if this is common.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »
I had a friend who kept em for milking and she made cheese, it was very nice. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS