Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FREE: North Ronaldsay fleece  (Read 1905 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
FREE: North Ronaldsay fleece
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:03:05 am »
Hi all,  I have a normal sized poly bag of NR shearling fleece if anyone wants it - it would need to be cleaned up a bit and also a handful or two of Shetland Pony hair (odd I know but its clean and nice via a scratching post).  They are separate, the NR fleece having been collected from around the sheep field.

Early bird gets the worm, so whoever sends their name and address first I will post asap.  Just asking that whoever wants will actually use it  :D or pass it on.

Don't want anything for postage its next to nowt anyway x
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: FREE: North Ronaldsay fleece
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:27 am »
gone  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:23:20 pm »
can I ask what the ronnies fleeces are like in general - thinking about buying some next year. I found the boreray quite coarse as wool. wev considered shetlands but would rather have a rare breed.
thanks

BALLOCH

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:16:01 pm »
North ronaldsays fleece is fairly soft similar to Shetland but it also has coarser fibres in it too almost like guard hairs that you cant really separate.Its still quite nice tho I think.Boreray is longer and some are also quite soft but differ a lot from sheep to sheep,its of coarse the rarest of all our breeds.I have icelandics they have lovely soft fleece and there are not many pures in the uk,but they are more exspensive to buy.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:36 am »
Thanks x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS