Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from West Fife  (Read 3245 times)

Ash_WBR

• Joined May 2015
Hello from West Fife
« on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:08 pm »
Hi all!

I've lurked on this site every now and then for a year or 2, but only just joined now.
I grew up on a small holding in Ayrshire until my family moved into the city when in my teens. I always hankered after those good old days with a dream of returning to small holding "when I grow up"...except now I am in my late 30s and know if I really want to make it happen I have to make it happen myself!
I grew up with hens, geese, ducks and goats, and regularly helped out at my friends/neighbours on their large mainly dairy farm. Despite this great start, I now find myself knowing little about small holding and eager to learn, more with the eventual aim of part self sufficiency rather than commercial farming.

So while I'm reading and researching and utilising this site for as much info as I can, if there are any members in the West Fife or Kinross area who might fancy a free helper for a few hours every now and then in exchange for my gaining more practical experience, and understanding legal requirements for livestock etc, I do hope you'll keep me in mind! :)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Hello from West Fife
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:31:36 pm »
Hi from glenrothes, I'm a beginner my self, I have chickens and sheep and grow veggies, if you ever need info just ask on here the site is a really good resource for asking and learning...

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask ????

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »
Hello :wave: from Devon.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:43:53 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:01:57 pm »
 :wave: Welcome from Shropshire.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 06:18:52 am »
Hi we are near kinross with sheep and chicken's might be able to assistyou where abouts are you - do you want to send a pm?

Ash_WBR

• Joined May 2015
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 04:28:27 pm »
Thanks all for the welcome.

@Big Light - I live in Dunfermline but am regularly all over West Fife and Kinross as I run my own dog walking company.
Thank you so much for your offer of assistance. I may well pm you in the coming week or two if that's ok?

Again, really appreciate the warm welcome :)

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »
No problem pop up for a coffee and chat at some point

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 05:54:26 pm »
Hi I am also Dunfermline your welcome anytime to come and have a natter about smallholding. I keep a selection of animals.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Ash_WBR

• Joined May 2015
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:55 am »
Hi I am also Dunfermline your welcome anytime to come and have a natter about smallholding. I keep a selection of animals.

Thank you! Glad I stopped lurking, as everyone is so welcoming!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »
I'm up in the north of Fife if you want to venture further afield sometime.  Dunfermline is probably half an hour.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS