Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Highland wool festival  (Read 1781 times)

BALLOCH

• Joined Jul 2011
Highland wool festival
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »
Saturday the 23rd of may at Dingwall market ,near Inverness,9.30 to 4.30,.This is the 2nd one last years was good so hopefully can only get better.Stalls of all things wooly and textiles to name a few,also demonstrations throughout the day.Proceeds go to charity.Thers a good café too,webb site if anyones needing a lookie.Ill be there I have a stall selling ,raw & washed ,carded fleece,felting kits,and some felt animals.peg loom rugs,and some hand crafted spindles and spinning wheels locally made.I have been asked to do a peg loom demo and its at 1.45 for 1/2 a hour ,all demos free  all day.Don't know which wool to sort or what to do next at the mo,hope its busy.Come along for a chat or to introduce your self

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Highland wool festival
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »
Any chance of getting a lift as I'd love to go but can't drive that far at the moment with my bust wrist
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

BALLOCH

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:40:54 pm »
I don't know if we will have room until fri when we pack as only have a small trailer now and was planning putting seats down in back of my jeep ,as big jeep off road too.I have a lot of stuff to take and its bulky,we will also be leaving very early as have to be set up by 9.30 and its 2 hours to get there without setting up x

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:38:31 pm »
Wish I was nearer. It sounds great.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 12:46:11 am »
If you can get here Katy ill give you a lift ! !!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:42 am »
Thanks Verdi that would be great
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS