Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grampian Goat Club Conference  (Read 4430 times)

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
Grampian Goat Club Conference
« on: May 15, 2015, 08:14:30 am »
Grampian Goat Club are holding an informative meeting for potential and existing goatkeepers in the Linden Centre, Huntly, Aberdeenshire on Saturday 30 May 2015 between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm. Several speakers are lined up to share their knowledge and experiences surrounding conformation, husbandry and welfare matters relating to dairy, Pygmy and Boer goats. It will also provide a platform for those attending to meet other like minded people and direct any goat related questions to the speakers in an informal, relaxed environment.
Tickets for the event costing £7 per person (including light refreshments), can be obtained by calling Mrs Aitken on 07702470826.
    All welcome!

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Grampian Goat Club Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »
Yep a fab day and very informative ( apart from that Dr suz lass) !  :roflanim:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »
oooh you are in so much trouble verdifish  ;D

gutted I missed it but had other things going on  :'(
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »
Yes it was a fab day I can't believe how quickly it went, I am glad there was a good turnout and a success bodes well for the future to hold more goaty meetings there's always something to speak about with goats - keep an eye out for potential speakers or suggest goaty topics you want to hear more about  for the next one! good to meet like minded people and enthusiastic potential goat keepers starting their research before taking the plunge into the wonderful world of goat keeping whatever type of goat they choose.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »
Talana both myself and suz are intrigued as to who you are ?

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »
 Thank you so much to all the organisers. This was a very informative day, well organised and certainly worth going to. Lots of very friendly knowledgeable people who were happy to take the time to answer any questions put to them.  Well done and I hope another event like this is organised very soon.  :thumbsup:

Showing and breeding Pygmy Goats
Always room for another goat as he will never notice

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:07:08 pm »
Talana both myself and suz are intrigued as to who you are ?

me too. It was a really good day and great to meet lots of other goaty folk  :goat:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 01:48:54 am »
How did I miss you CDC - sorry for being ignorant - saying that I didn't take my glasses :) Good talks, good chat and lots of nice goatie people - Excellent day out, count me in for next one (thumbs up but will make my text go wonly!!)
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:42:37 am »
I thought it was you Brucklay but wasn't sure  :)  since I had all my hair chopped off lots of people don't recognise me.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 03:31:47 pm »
I'm Fiona, pink jumper, probably still hay in my hair, Talana Toggs you'll see me at Angus, Echt, Turriff and Tarland with  hairy brown & white goats that have one speed - top speed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:11:40 pm by Talana »

Caz2015

• Joined Apr 2015
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 11:41:44 pm »
Anyone know if anything like this taking place further south?? Thanks  :goat: :fc:

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 08:47:32 am »
Anyone know if anything like this taking place further south?? Thanks  :goat: :fc:

Google your local goat club and get involved !

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 09:11:09 am »
The British Boer Goat Society is holding a Seminar Day on 10/6/15 - next Wednesday at Harrogate - speakers on Boer Goat Breed Standards, breeding, meat enterprise and goat health. £30 non-members / £25 members. Look at BBGS website for details

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS